Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever played a character of the opposite sex in a video game or RPG?

Have you ever played a character of the opposite sex in a video game or RPG?

I use to play male characters in RPG's all the time, usually not humans though, cause they bore me.

But after playing Daggerfall so many years ago, I found myself playing a lot of female characters in games.

I guess its for a couple of reasons, one because I get tired of male protagonists all the time, and two because if I'm going to see the back end of someone for hours on end, it might as well be a pretty girl.

Also Jennifer Hale IS Commander Shepard.

So anybody else here played the opposite sex if given a choice? I think Gail has hinted at the fact that she likes to play male characters in some games.

"You really can't ignore Bendis, especially when he shoots you in the face with a sniper rifle in Call of Duty." ~Brubaker

Re: Have you ever played a character of the opposite sex in a video game or RPG?

I actually played the female Shepard in one playthrough of the games, but I had her hook up with Liara. Hooking up with a guy would feel a bit too weird for my taste.

I also think the female playercharacters in WoW look better than the male ones (which are kind of boxy), too bad their armor is...let's call it exploitative.

Grifter

Re: Have you ever played a character of the opposite sex in a video game or RPG?

I almost always roleplay as a female characters. I once actually walked away from a game when the GM wouldn't let me do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Laevatein View Post
    I almost always roleplay as a female characters. I once actually walked away from a game when the GM wouldn't let me do so.
    Doesn't surprise me, some GMs are real douchebags.
    Last edited by Tyr; 06-09-2012 at 01:09 PM.

"You really can't ignore Bendis, especially when he shoots you in the face with a sniper rifle in Call of Duty." ~Brubaker

I almost always pick the boy pokemon trainer. The girls have no style. I don't play a lot of game where you choose, but I usually prefer the man's costume.

I often play female characters in video games and Dungeons and Dragons. When I do actual role-play as in a tabletop RPG I feel I can get away with more at the table if I'm playing a female character. My favorite character was a female cleric who's god was pretty much Happy Happy, Joy Joy. So she went around usually skipping, sucking on candy, and was really stupid because I had to cut stat points somewhere so down went intelligence. It was a lot of fun (for me) when I got to read a hand-out put forth by the Dungeon Master and I would read it in character making all kinds of mistakes and being very slow with the reading. It use to drive the other players at the table nuts.

When it comes to video games I find female characters just more interesting to look at. And since I have to look at the character most of teh time - such as in Star Wars Galaxies, I'd rather look at something that interests me. Of course, it led to some awkward moments where males would think I was a female in real life because my avatar in the game was female. Funny how mad some would get when they'd know nothing at all about me but see a female avatar and start hitting on me. Then I was the problem in their view because I was a guy with a female avatar. It got to the point to the first line in my character's public background stated I was a guy and that I did not use Star Wars Galaxies as a dating resource.
    Oh and if a mod would kindly delete the living hell out of this tread so I do not continue to look like a total tool, I'd appreciate it.

- a wise man

My comic - The Necropolis Chronicles - can be bought here:
    Issue 1, 24 pages:
    http://www.indyplanet.com/index.php?id=152
    Issue 2, 24 pages:
    http://www.indyplanet.com/index.php?id=151
    Book 2, 48 pages, all new story arc:
    http://www.indyplanet.com/index.php?id=4454

I've never had any interest in playing a male character. I did once have a go at a male character in WoW and didn't get beyond the character creation screen. I'm just not interested.

Of course there are a lot of games where you don't get the choice and it's play a male character or don't play at all. I don't play many of them.
    Life's an elevator. It goes up and down.

I gravitate towards ladies in fighting games because they often have the least boring designs. But then again I never really understood the wank over playing as your gender. If there's a cool dude protag I'll play him, if there's a cool lady I'll play her.

Yep. My favorite D&D character was a female elf ranger named Edala. And my Baldur's Gate character was a female human ranger named Rhapsody.

My response to "Why would you want to play a woman? You're a dude" is "Why would you want to play a wizard? You're an accountant."
    "Fascism should rightly be called Corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power." --Benito Mussolini

"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and to bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson

All the time.