Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chris COlumbus the director, why did he do so well with his two Harry Potter movies,

Re: Chris COlumbus the director, why did he do so well with his two Harry Potter movi

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison_Lad View Post
    Hmm. Well it's been a while since I read them, so maybe I'm projecting more depth and interesting story-telling than was actually there. But I seem to remember thinking that Rowling could hold my interest and tell a story I wanted to read.
    I'll give Rowling credit for telling a story that holds your attention. I just don't find her very original.

Ah, yeah, never having read the book, I couldn't compare them. But that makes a lot of sense. Because it really was forgettable.
    I can't imagine how it made much sense at all if you hadn't already read the book. Important plot points were either dropped completely or rushed through so fast you wouldn't realise they were important if you didn't already know.
    Life's an elevator. It goes up and down.

Banned

Re: Chris COlumbus the director, why did he do so well with his two Harry Potter movi

Quote Originally Posted by Karen El View Post
    I can't imagine how it made much sense at all if you hadn't already read the book. Important plot points were either dropped completely or rushed through so fast you wouldn't realise they were important if you didn't already know.
    That's probably why it was forgettable: At some point I just glazed over and turned my brain off because I didn't know what hell was going on.