Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So Yeah. This Exists.

Re: So Yeah. This Exists.

and of course, there's always the original "Live Action Anime Girl" -- Apollo Smile!

I can't find any of her official video's online (other than when she was hosting the Sci Fi Channel's anime festival years ago (and was promoting her role as Ulala in Space Chanel 5 game) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS3mD...eature=related

but here's one of her songs

"do what bert says" - Flamestar (c/o Ouzo Man)

A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

Right Guy

I'm struggling for a Lynn Minmay joke. There was this girl back in the early 90s that used to go to all the cons performing as her. She was actually very good.

Banned

Yeah, no.

I will never, ever understand the Japanese. I love classic Japanese cinema. Beyond that, I find their culture completely incomprehensible.

So do I, but I often find incomprehensible things enjoyable. I'm way too old for J-Pop fandom, but this is kind of cute. At least it shows some creativity and genuine self-expression, unlike most pop music today.

I was quite a bit into shibuya-kei music, ten years ago. I guess that scene has faded away. Pizzicato Five, Fantastic Plastic Machine, Cornelius, Takako Minekawa... great stuff.
    "Fascism should rightly be called Corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power." --Benito Mussolini

"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and to bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson

I think there's a bit of observer bias going on with Japan. I doubt they got any more or less cultural peculiarities than any other people, it's just that people pay more notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    I love Kyary Pamyu Pamyu! She become an idol pretty much overnight (from what I saw at least) for tapping into extreme kawaii culture, I personally freaking love her - not so much the music but I love her look. She's an interesting combination of Lolita and Fair Kei. She's so adorable and I love seeing her in my monthly Kera fashion magazine.
    She is adorable. But waffle-face up in the corner is freaking me out. I suspect she may be trying to brainwash people into becoming her adorably homicidal minions--probably dressed like schoolgirls or something. Good thing I don't know Japanese.

What?
    "The computer's kaput, and we're drifting through space towards certain oblivion." -- Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV, Cowboy Bebop.

"Tell me that a fit fortyish woman with 25+ years of experience at sea and several decades of live bladefighting practice under her belt isn’t a threat when she runs across the deck toward you, and I’ll tell you something in return— you’re gonna die of stab wounds." - Scott Lynch

This exist to. Kind off.

A virtual singer!
    http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2010-05-26/1274898144846.jpg

Friendship is being there when someone's feeling low and not being afraid to kick them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid2 View Post
    This exist to. Kind off.

A virtual singer!
    She may be cool, with truly awesome hair, but she ain't no holographic Tupac from beyond the grave!