Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: I saw the Avengers--MASSIVE SPOILERS INSIDE.

Re: I saw the Avengers--MASSIVE SPOILERS INSIDE.

I was surprised with how much I liked most of the performances, since those usually get lost in all the action. But it was a very well cast film. They clearly set the stage for a sequel in the post-credits scene but I'm not sure how they can top that.

Quote Originally Posted by KalenO View Post
    I'm also of the camp that firmly expects Phil Coulson to be brought back at some point. Actually, my bet is he's going to turn out to be the movie-verse version of the Vision. I would not be surprised at all if in this canon, Tony Stark ends up creating the Vision based off Coulson's brain waves like Pym originally based him off of Wonder Man's.
    I say he just never died at all. Like he (And Nick Fury) said, the team needed something to bond them together and push them forward, so after he was stabilised Nick went to his locker, got out the cards, and decided to create that bond.

I'm not positive (Really, I'm not), but I think we actually saw on the helicarrier right at the end. It was quick, and a wide shot including a lot of S.H.I.E.L.D. staff, so I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure we saw him suited up and walking towards Fury.
    Life is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get a heck of a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by KalenO View Post
    I'm also of the camp that firmly expects Phil Coulson to be brought back at some point. Actually, my bet is he's going to turn out to be the movie-verse version of the Vision. I would not be surprised at all if in this canon, Tony Stark ends up creating the Vision based off Coulson's brain waves like Pym originally based him off of Wonder Man's.

That would be AWESOME.

My least favorite part was Hawkeye. Did not help I read MacQuarrie's criticisms of his archery. Hulk was my favorite, and Joss's love of comics and fans helped him be a great director for this love letter to comic fans.
    Love comics? Love humor? Love hot redheads (of both sexes?)
    http://thevariants.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lester C. View Post
    Matt Doc Martin has become the voice of reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrina View Post
    People should listen to Matt.
    Every tax-paying citizen deserves the right to marry the person they love. Americans who vote to deny other Americans a right they themselves enjoy should have that right taken away from them.

What do I think of you? In my head it is 10 minutes in the future and I am pissing on your corpse. Any other questions?

I actually really loved Hawkeye. The scene where he offhandedly blows up one of the aliens whizzing by was hilarious.

I loved the way Hawkeye got his shot in with Loki.

Really, they did justice to all the characters. They got the right balance of creating characters main stream audience can enjoy and remaining true to the source material

And let's not forget that Tom Hidleston was pitch perfect as Loki. (yeah, some over acting but he wouldn't be a good Loki if he didn't).

Still, the Hulk was my favorite (I am amazed I said that) with Hawkeye and Black Widow tied for second.

Trouble Boy

Yeah, the Hulk and Black Widow pretty much stole the movie for me, which was a HUGE surprise because I've honestly never cared about either of them one way or the other before. I loved Cap, Iron Man and Thor in their solo movies and was expecting them to be the big sell for me this time soon, but I was just taken totally by surprise. The real strength of this movie was that it was a true ensemble....Whedon didn't have to undersell any of them in order to prop up someone else. Everyone had their niche.

Agreed on Hulk. I think they sort of found the sweet spot when they stopped trying to just make the Hulk into a screeching monster and let him have some great lines.

Yeah, they let the big guy be as much a character as Banner

Loved it. Some quick cuts:

Absolute best moment (paraphrased, moderately despoiled):
    Spoilers:
    Loki: "You must respect my atoriteh!"
    Hulk: *disprespects*
    Loki (implied): "Ouch."

But there were so many wonderful moments.

Close second: Black Widow conversation with Loki.

One reviewer said Phil Coulson was the emotional core of this movie. He was right.

Black Widow was so, so much better than I expected.

Tom Hiddleston rules. Not in Asgard, and not as a god, but as an actor.

Cap takes charge, and pretty much everybody falls in line.

The repeated lines - sometimes for emphasis, sometimes for reversal. "Perimeter on 39th St." "Twelve percent." Sometimes not even spoken, eg, arrow in the eye.

TiVO has ruined me. A number of time I wanted to this the short repeat button to catch a line or a view.

I am *so* buying the DVD when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by scs View Post
    One reviewer said Phil Coulson was the emotional core of this movie. He was right.
    Which makes a lot of sense, and not just because he was killed. The fact that he was the only character who didn't wear a silly costume put him in the perfect position for that too, and having him e a Cap fanboy was a stroke of genius.

I also have this theory that Loki had to kill such a fan favorite character just to stop being so damn charming. (Damn you, Hiddleston, with your ridiculously magnetic smile.)

Am I the only one who wasn't surprised by how well Black Widow was handled? Maybe it's because I saw an interview with Scarlett Johansson where she talked about how relieved she was when she read the script. Anyway, she was awesome, and I would really love to see her get her own movie, or maybe even a SHIELD, Marvel spy characters movie.

I was surprised at how many times I missed lines of dialogue because I was laughing so hard at what came before, and none of the humor felt forced or unnatural. Obviously, there were two fantastic bits with Hulk, and so many of Tony Stark's lines, but there was all stuff like Cap just being happy he understood a reference. Loved that.

Man, I just loved this movie. Yes, there were flaws, but I don't really care about them, honestly. Maybe I will when I see it again. (BTW, my biggest problem with the blowing up Manhattan thing was that it seemed really cliche.)

I also want to mention the post-credits scene. Not the Thanos one, the second one. I just really loved it, and was just happy it existed. The idea that they just decided that's what the movie was missing. Hilarious. I admit, without that scene, I would have wondered.