BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Thr Boys

Re: Thr Boys

Still buying it. I've liked the ride so far, but it seems to be bloated by a years worth of stories that just created a corporate backstory that wasn't terribly interesting. I'm kind of looking forward to it ending so I can read it in one big lump and then throw it all on Ebay. Last arc was pretty good.

Made

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey_Lee View Post
    Still buying it. I've liked the ride so far, but it seems to be bloated by a years worth of stories that just created a corporate backstory that wasn't terribly interesting. I'm kind of looking forward to it ending so I can read it in one big lump and then throw it all on Ebay. Last arc was pretty good.
    I feel this way as well. Buncha filler, lotta juvenile shit (and I'm all FOR sending up superheroes, but damn!), Ennis being Ennis (really bad, unglamorous shit happens during a war? a good woman's love can melt the hardest bastard?), etc. But when it's good, it's good.

I actually wasn't aware that more issues are coming. For some reason I thought 65 was the end.
    EMBERS

A Film I'm Currently Making!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTgogw-M8lU

A spy story set against the backdrop of an Indian arranged marriage!

Quote Originally Posted by WhindamPryce View Post
    I feel this way as well. Buncha filler, lotta juvenile shit (and I'm all FOR sending up superheroes, but damn!), Ennis being Ennis (really bad, unglamorous shit happens during a war? a good woman's love can melt the hardest bastard?), etc. But when it's good, it's good.

I actually wasn't aware that more issues are coming. For some reason I thought 65 was the end.
    Yeah, this series has been both the best and worst of what Ennis has to offer comics. Mostly the best, but just not consistently the best.
    Funnybook of the Week - I read 'em, I rank 'em. Based on nothing more than my personal enjoyment.

Twitter Feed - Just as inane as a blog, but shorter.

Honestly I am glad they finally started getting to the point...the last 10 issues just kind of dragged on for me and almost lost me but the last 2 or 3 issues made up for it and if I am correct 66 is out today right?

Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”

Correct. 66 is now out .

Quote Originally Posted by Matt!! View Post
    I too am a recent convert (thanks Comixology sale!) so only just got into it in time for the last arc. I had always dismissed it as Ennis just trying to be controversial and silly - I had no idea it was this massively deep political and social commentary on the state of superheroes, politics and friendship.

Regarding the latest arc I thought the reveal of Black Noir was actually kind of cool, especially

Spoilers:
    Homelander's reaction and Butcher's comment about him becoming psychotic accidentally.

I was curious as to where the last arc would go, as the major blowout seems to have died down, but I read the preview for this week's issue and now

Spoilers:
    I am sad. Is this Butcher's mission - to wipe out every last super on Earth? I assume he's the one who killed Mallory (why???) so to see him take down poor Ivan seems like a massive turnaround for someone who thinks so much of his friends. But there's always been a hint of complete bastard about him so perhaps this is just the last straw and making him unlikeable.
    See, after the events of the mini, his solo confrontation with Jack From Jupiter, and he's manipulation of Hughie in front of A-Train, it becomes evident that Butcher was never the good guy in this piece. After the failed coup, it makes complete sense that he's gone nuclear with ALL supes. So I don't see the opening of 66 as a massive turnaround; it's just confirmation of where I think Ennis was going with the character all along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan the Shaggy View Post
    Shut up Mike!

Grifter

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE D View Post
    See, after the events of the mini, his solo confrontation with Jack From Jupiter, and he's manipulation of Hughie in front of A-Train, it becomes evident that Butcher was never the good guy in this piece. After the failed coup, it makes complete sense that he's gone nuclear with ALL supes. So I don't see the opening of 66 as a massive turnaround; it's just confirmation of where I think Ennis was going with the character all along.
    Aw I can appreciate him not being a good guy, and being a bastard to the end, but I just didn't think he'd be this much of a bastard, you know? He's no longer the treats-'em-mean but loves-'em-really person I thought he was. His treatment of Hughie was awful this issue.

I'm still loving it - it's just great writing to make you care about a character and feel so bad when they cross the line in your head is all. And I agree that it's been well presented and a natural progression for him. I'm just sad.

Incidentally Garth's commentary on #66 was great:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/05/...ntary-on-boys/
    Little White Lies My first webcomic.

Just read issue 69. This book is a goddamn masterpiece.

Holy fuck, these last two issues.
    Join the Prime-Punch revolution!
    http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...ead.php?210786

Spoiler:

Buy The Gathering!

www.grayhavencomics.com

Finished the latest issue about 5 minutes ago.

Holy Fuck. Butcher is a monster.