Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Grant Morrison quote has some Batman fans in a tizzy on CBR....

Re: Grant Morrison quote has some Batman fans in a tizzy on CBR....

Quote Originally Posted by Shurato2099 View Post
    Which I frankly don't see. Morrison starts his example with all of the women that have thrown themselves at Batman, some of which he -has- had sexual/romantic relationships with over the years, and then says that he prefers to spend time with Alfred and Robin ... which he does not do in a sexual or romantic way. Batman is not gay by Morrison's yardstick, he's asexual.
    Batman being asexual? On behalf of the asexual community, we'll accept that. Not that it's true, given Batman's propensity for having sex, but you know, Batman!

Quote Originally Posted by scout1279 View Post
    I think people need to stop treating every single thing Grant Morrison says about superheroes as some sort of gospel that needs to be parsed out at length. A) It's not nearly as important as the actual stories he writes; and B) the man is getting very tiresome.
    I found him tiresome when he trashed Secret Invasion in lieu of Final Crisis. Secret Invasion may not have been the greatest and it set up Dark Reign, which I hated, but at least I could understand what the hell was going on unlike Final Crisis. And that goes double for R.I.P as well.

"You really can't ignore Bendis, especially when he shoots you in the face with a sniper rifle in Call of Duty." ~Brubaker

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr View Post
    Batman being asexual? On behalf of the asexual community, we'll accept that. Not that it's true, given Batman's propensity for having sex, but you know, Batman!
    Batman can do anything. He can even be asexual when he's having sex!

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Slewo.O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyr

I found him tiresome when he trashed Secret Invasion in lieu of Final Crisis. Secret Invasion may not have been the greatest and it set up Dark Reign, which I hated, but at least I could understand what the hell was going on unlike Final Crisis. And that goes double for R.I.P as well.
    Comic writers do it all the time dude. And I'll never get those complaints about FC and R.I.P. they're not straightforward, but there is a point.
    Quote Originally Posted by John M. Coker (Johnny C.) View Post
    Slewo's right.

Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

TWICE!

Quote Originally Posted by RobStaeger View Post
    Batman can do anything. He can even be asexual when he's having sex!
    Actually that's quite possible. See to us its like shopping with your wife, you can do it for her sake, but it's not as if your not crazy about it.

Also I should point out that it IS possible to be an asexual and pursue romantic interests. We just prefer it if are romantic entanglements make less of a mess.

"You really can't ignore Bendis, especially when he shoots you in the face with a sniper rifle in Call of Duty." ~Brubaker

I really like Spiffy's description of WW.
    A Jewish seamstress in a steampunked Victorian London hires a consulting detective to solve a magical murder mystery.
    --The Curse of the Brimstone Contract by Corrina Lawson

Quote Originally Posted by Slewo.O View Post
    Comic writers do it all the time dude. And I'll never get those complaints about FC and R.I.P. they're not straightforward, but there is a point.
    And it made Bendis angry, very very angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr View Post
    And it made Bendis angry, very very angry.
    Did he turn black with a Roman centurion helmet and really big sneakers?

Don't you people know the gay rule in comics? The longer a character is in constant use, the higher the amount of people that at some point describe them as homosexual :3

Quote Originally Posted by BnL View Post
    That's dismissive. You're pre-emptively trying to invalidate criticism of his comments by portraying the voices of dissent as inherently unreasonable.
    Thank you for informing me of my intentions. Ones I don't have, by the way.

I spent some time myself criticizing his use of the word "pervy". But acknowledging that didn't help your desire to zing me.

Quoting myself:
    That doesn't and shouldn't mean fetish outfits and being portrayed as a slut (I use that word intentionally, because I'm saying her sexuality should not be portrayed as a bad thing--its the very opposite). If that's all he means by marching out "pervy", then there's a problem here. Grant has gotten that part DEAD wrong before.

Quote Originally Posted by Shurato2099 View Post
    Did he turn black with a Roman centurion helmet and really big sneakers?
    It would have been funnier if he had, but no he did not turn into Marvin, although metaphoric mushroom clouds were involved.

Let's just say it lead to Bendis regretting and apologizing to several people who where the target of his outburst, including a certain beloved crazy redhead hairdresser who is under the delusions that she writes comics for a living.