Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: I have just seen THE AVENGERS and... (possible spoilers)

Re: I have just seen THE AVENGERS and... (possible spoilers)

Yesterday was a public holiday for us Aussies. I assume that's why we got it a week early?

But yeah. Even though you can read all the good reviews etc etc, when you see the film, you'll think to yourself 'Damn. They really still under-rated this film'.

I'm still buzzing from it!
    "There seems to be something in the human condition that makes people dislike people that they think are different. If we could get rid of that, it'd be a better world" - Stan Lee

Ok without giving away anything, does Black Widow actually say anything in her native tongue this time?

"You really can't ignore Bendis, especially when he shoots you in the face with a sniper rifle in Call of Duty." ~Brubaker

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr View Post
    Ok without giving away anything, does Black Widow actually say anything in her native tongue this time?
    Yes, she does.
    "There seems to be something in the human condition that makes people dislike people that they think are different. If we could get rid of that, it'd be a better world" - Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by KJ! View Post
    Yes, she does.
    .....My tent has been pitched........

"You really can't ignore Bendis, especially when he shoots you in the face with a sniper rifle in Call of Duty." ~Brubaker

In wonder if the Aussie/New Zealand realease might actually have been deliberate with the set puropose of getting the US audiences pumped up. Trailers are well and good, but the internet community is the best advertising you could want and the overwhelmingly positive response here must have things at fever pitch in the States.
    The next time a goddess asks you if you want to have a shower...you say YES!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    In wonder if the Aussie/New Zealand realease might actually have been deliberate with the set puropose of getting the US audiences pumped up. Trailers are well and good, but the internet community is the best advertising you could want and the overwhelmingly positive response here must have things at fever pitch in the States.
    Like with Thor though I can guarantee you there is a dvd quality torrent out there somewhere with a full Wikipedia plot spoilers to follow. In this digital day and age I don't understand why books, games, movies etc aren't released on the same day, to combat piracy if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester C. View Post
    Like with Thor though I can guarantee you there is a dvd quality torrent out there somewhere with a full Wikipedia plot spoilers to follow. In this digital day and age I don't understand why books, games, movies etc aren't released on the same day, to combat piracy if nothing else.
    brettc1 is right though, there's still this idea of raised expectations.

And hey - now you know how we feel, having to wait for American distributors to deign to send prints overseas!
    New blog Hop Scotch Friday - books, films and opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias M View Post
    brettc1 is right though, there's still this idea of raised expectations.

And hey - now you know how we feel, having to wait for American distributors to deign to send prints overseas!
    As a person who doesn't watch a lot of movies but reads a lot of books you get no sympathy from me. Everyone from Lee Child to Mike Carey or to preserve the Australian theme David Rollins release their books overseas long before the United States gets them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester C. View Post
    As a person who doesn't watch a lot of movies but reads a lot of books you get no sympathy from me. Everyone from Lee Child to Mike Carey or to preserve the Australian theme David Rollins release their books overseas long before the United States gets them.
    Yes but books are more expensive here. We pay a huge amount of tax on books.

Your move!
    New blog Hop Scotch Friday - books, films and opinions.

Just back from seeing it now myself, and I thought it was great. Very very entertaining, especially Hulk! Nice length, didn't drag, good dialogue, good action, nice use of all the characters, and some great humorous moments too. Plus the guy at the cinema said I can have the giant Thor poster when the movie is done
    No Hugs, Only RAGE