Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I was a geek today because. . . .

I was a geek today because. . . .

Let's have a fun thread reveling in our geekiness!

I'll start!

I was a geek today, because I worked from home, and spent the day in my "Aeon Flux" Logo shirt that I got at SDCC 05 (they were promoting the film by doing T-shirt Iron Ons every 1/2 hour and throwing them out to the crowd around the booth, and I was lucky to get one )

what did you do today to fly your Geek flag?
    "do what bert says" - Flamestar (c/o Ouzo Man)

A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

Re: I was a geek today because. . . .

I made a joke that somehow connected OB/GYN and Obi Wan Kenobi. And no I don't quite remember how that came about except that it involved those first two letters and the way the switchboard at my new job works. I got stared at like I had two heads, and in my defense it was the end of the day.

I had my parents in town today and made them watch the early scene in Captain America where Steve Rogers is in his first recruiting office. Before they call for "Rogers, Steve", they call for a couple of other names. The first one they call is "O'Connell, Michael". I almost never hear my name in movies or TV. Only other place was a Three's Company episode (a jerky food critic Jack was trying to impress). While I'm sure it's a complete coincidence, I know that Joss did rewrites on the script, and he did, at least at some point back in '05, have my business card, so I like to imagine that maybe subconsciously he used that name because of me. It could happen!

But more importantly, I just like the idea that an alternate version of me being in the same recruiting station as Steve Rogers in the 40s. I'm sure it's a story I've often told to my alternate grandkids.
    Michael O'Chronicles / Michaelocomedy.com / PostApodaclypse.com / How to start in stand-up comedy

Keith Lowell Jensen: "Michael O'Connell said to say hi to you."
    Bobby Slayton: "Who the fuck is Michael O'Connell?"
    Keith Lowell Jensen: "Uh...you did a show with him a couple of weeks ago? Comedian in a wheelchair?"
    Bobby Slayton: "Oh yeah! I fucking LOVE that guy!"

I spit water all over my desk when I got a picture text of Tyrion Lannister in a Lakers jersey with the caption, "Winter is coming, haters! Get in the game!"

Then I read no less than three mock drafts.

Also, I finished rewatching the final episode of DS9 and got all misty. Then had to immediately rewatch the pilot to see how it all began.
    Michael O'Chronicles / Michaelocomedy.com / PostApodaclypse.com / How to start in stand-up comedy

Keith Lowell Jensen: "Michael O'Connell said to say hi to you."
    Bobby Slayton: "Who the fuck is Michael O'Connell?"
    Keith Lowell Jensen: "Uh...you did a show with him a couple of weeks ago? Comedian in a wheelchair?"
    Bobby Slayton: "Oh yeah! I fucking LOVE that guy!"

Today I drew: The Incredibles, Vibe, Wonder Woman, Superman, Cheshire and several other members of the Justice League for homework.

I exposed my Flash animation class to a half dozen Chocobo themes from the Final Fantasy series of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Shurato2099 View Post
    I exposed my Flash animation class to a half dozen Chocobo themes from the Final Fantasy series of games.
    On a related note I created an Explosion in my Flash Animation class today!

I watched Eureka on the library computer and borrowed green hornet from the same library.
    Hate me all you want, 95 % of the time I'm write.

I discussed with my son the pros and cons of 4Chan and Anonymous. And learned he believes Felicia Day is both awesome and hot.
    A Jewish seamstress in a steampunked Victorian London hires a consulting detective to solve a magical murder mystery.
    --The Curse of the Brimstone Contract by Corrina Lawson