Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smash did a Bolleywood number last night.

Trouble Boy

Re: Smash did a Bolleywood number last night.

Bert,
    In the first episode, when he suggest the idea for the musical in a roundabout way and was told it was a good idea, that's when I thought the troubles would begin, and that eventually he would sue for part of the rights/profits the show made. But, to use a word in another thread, Ellis just keeps creepier and creepier. To be honest, the most unrealistic thing I think the character did was sleep with a woman! I could do without the Leo stuff as well, he's just another annoying teen actor. But I've always loved Debra Messing and the guy who plays Tom is very good in his role. I have a friend who knows a lot of Broadway people and she sent me cast pictures from this episode; she was there when they filmed it.

they should jettison most of the "non-show" related characters, and keep the drama with the core characters.

that's why the show is struggling.

you mention Leo?. . yeah. .he should be gone. So should Dev (adding nothing but looks to the show). And Angelica Huston's bar owner isn't really working that great.

I don't mind Julia's husband (tho he should be more involved in the idea that Tom is Julia's "work husband" and therefore feels their relationship is threatened, even if Tom is gay).

I'm hoping the new show-runner (from Gossip Girl) will get this thing back on track for next season. They were *really* lucky with an early renewal, as the ratings have TANKED, and no way would NBC have renewed if they knew a show following "the Voice" would bleed that many viewers (seriously, the Voice is hitting somewhere between 3.7 & 4.2 ratings (I think), and "Smash" is hitting ~1.9. ..that's a LOT of viewers to lose.
    "do what bert says" - Flamestar (c/o Ouzo Man)

A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

Im curious to see who the new jolten joe is gonna be. Was that him we saw either this week or the week before? I don't mind Ellis or Nick but I would be fine with losing the rest.
    Hate me all you want, 95 % of the time I'm write.

So what did everyone think of the season finalle? I liked it. I would have prefered to see more of the numbers. I love the business meeting in the storm room bit. It was nice to see her do Howl and some of shwbg. As much as I a, glad to see it coming back next (spring?) or is it winter? I dont see how they can go another season past that.
    Hate me all you want, 95 % of the time I'm write.

Quote Originally Posted by saintsaucey View Post
    So what did everyone think of the season finalle? I liked it. I would have prefered to see more of the numbers. I love the business meeting in the storm room bit. It was nice to see her do Howl and some of shwbg. As much as I a, glad to see it coming back next (spring?) or is it winter? I dont see how they can go another season past that.
    I was pissed off by it, honestly. Ivy is just more talented, and they've failed to convince me that Karen is fit to play Marilyn at all.

Trouble Boy

LOL, I was exactly the opposite. I've always thought Karen was better, Ivy just seemed so forced and 'precious' when she tried to play Marilyn. And I was just rolling my eyes at the end bit with Ivy. They've been so heavy-handed about playing up her parallels to Marilyn (most of them deliberate on her part), that there wasn't even shock value to that moment.

And Ellis is a freaking psycho.

Quote Originally Posted by KalenO View Post
    LOL, I was exactly the opposite. I've always thought Karen was better, Ivy just seemed so forced and 'precious' when she tried to play Marilyn. And I was just rolling my eyes at the end bit with Ivy. They've been so heavy-handed about playing up her parallels to Marilyn (most of them deliberate on her part), that there wasn't even shock value to that moment.

And Ellis is a freaking psycho.
    Karen's voice is just weak, she doesn't get the sexuality angle at all, and she mumbles her lines. That's not good stage acting. It's barely good screen acting. Ivy is vivacious, lively, she doesn't look like a goddamn mannequin, there's substance and craftsmanship there.

Plus the writers keep beating us over the head with the "ISN'T KAREN AMAZING" stick, which brings out the contrarian in me. If they made the character even slightly more flawed than she is it'd help a lot.

Trouble Boy

I forgot where I read it, but it's interesting that Smash is about a Broadway show yet cast a pop singer as its lead, while Glee is a pop show and has Lea Michelle, a Broadway performer as its lead. The finale was pretty much like the rest of the season, a bunch of crazy-quilt situations which I still enjoyed, I would love Ellis to be off the show, but he might be a big bad for next season (How was he not brought on charges for peanutgate).