Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Thread: If hyperbole came true

If hyperbole came true

Internet forums are the crucible of hyperbole. Every reaction is super extreme to the max. People would rather die than suffer some minor alteration to a favourite TV show or video game, they'd rather starve than vote for a politician of the wrong colour.

Don't you just wish sometimes that some of these people would actually be held to their specious claims?
    Life's an elevator. It goes up and down.

Re: If hyperbole came true

If my hyperbole ever came true, I'd have no limbs, but would have slept with several celebrities.....I'm not sure how I'd feel about that.
    Life is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get a heck of a ride.

Well for one thing there'd be no one left in America, because there always seems to be some group of people promising to leave the country if XYZ becomes president.

Banned

Yes. And most of us are guilty of it, at some time or another.

I also think that there's more to it than the anonymity of forums. Years ago I played a MUD (Multi-User Dungeon for you young whipper-snappers out there ), and I mean it was brutal. The friends, the enemies, and yes the romances that developed among those of us old-timers (at the time) on the game were very intense. The stuff we said to each other. Wow.

But every once in a long while someone would organize a MUD-party, where some of the players would gather in some random city and hang out. And the guy whom you had been trying to arrest because you were a sherif of the Rohirrim, and he was an Assassin turned out to be the nicest guy in the world. In the game, you loathed him, and sometime after playing for 23 straight hours, you'd tell him that when you caught him you'd rip his heart out. But there you were, in his apartment in some other state, drinking beers, laughing, and playing video games.

The Internet's weird.

Not really. I'm as guilty of it as anybody. I just try to use it judiciously.

If hyperbole came true, I would probably still be repeating something a million times to my daughter.

Hyperbole is the worst thing ever.

I quite like Hyperbole and a Half though.
    "Being agnostic is all about the realization that even though there probably is some sort of god or creator out there somewhere, the human race is and will always be too stupid to find them.” Oscar Wilde (alleged!)

"'politically incorrect' (the preferred self-congratulatory term for the enthusiastically offensive)" Fred Clarke

Trouble Boy

I've never, ever ever used hyperbole. Ever.

If my hyperbole came true, I'd be sucking dicks down at William's Street to bring back Megas XLR.

It's true! Check my Twitter!

People should learn from past mistakes.