Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Norway is really impressing me right now.

Re: Norway is really impressing me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeto View Post
    K Dog is from Norway.
    Well thanks, and where does that leave my stereotypes?

I have no trouble with the way the case is being handled, but I do question the justice of a system that only allows a maximum of 21 years imprisonment for the perpetrator of the worst crime in Norway's history since the Nazi occupation.

If I were a friend or relative of one of this guy's victims, I promise you I would be waiting for him the day he got out of prison.
    "Fascism should rightly be called Corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power." --Benito Mussolini

"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and to bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I have no trouble with the way the case is being handled, but I do question the justice of a system that only allows a maximum of 21 years imprisonment for the perpetrator of the worst crime in Norway's history since the Nazi occupation.

If I were a friend or relative of one of this guy's victims, I promise you I would be waiting for him the day he got out of prison.
    I'm always wondering when people complain about a maximum sentence being too short, do they have any idea what it is like to be in prison? I mean, 21 years, that is a hell of a long time. I can imagine that that breaks you.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post

21 years + containment = effectively a life sentence

this is his current and future home

The reason I was wanting him sent to the loony bin was because I thought the 21 year thing might apply to him, without any chance of keeping him longer unless he was insane.

Besides, I still think branding him as insane means that people won't treat him as a person with sensible views.
    Independence... Nah!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zemo View Post
    Well thanks, and where does that leave my stereotypes?
    You could always leave them with me, given I'm practically a bastard child of Scandinavia, with some German thrown in from good measure on my mothers side.

"You really can't ignore Bendis, especially when he shoots you in the face with a sniper rifle in Call of Duty." ~Brubaker

There's a good article about this case, featuring the immensely impressive prosecutor Inga Bejer Engh, in "The Independent". It also talks about why the prosecution's objective is to expose his fantasies in order to secure a conviction of legal insanity; the motive is not to secure a longer sentence but to discredit his actions and his cause in front of the world; to take away any sense of power that he and his alleged supporters might derive from his deeds.

Norway's handling of this trial leaves me humbled.

Quote Originally Posted by K-DoG7p7 View Post

Norway's prison's facilities are a fuck of a lot nicer than ours, that's for damn sure. The photo looks rather much more like a kid's bedroom than anything else.

Its funny what a little wood, padding and drapes can do :P
    but that metal shiter and cold concrete walls kinda gives it away as a jail cell.

Quote Originally Posted by K-DoG7p7 View Post

Is it bad that I saw that and the first think I thought was "Ikea without sharp corners?"

Yes, I know Ikea is Swedish. Lighten up.