Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two Broke Girl$

Two Broke Girl$

I just wanted to ask if this show is working out well in the US.

I saw the first episode over here in the UK on E4 last night and it was OK but it had HUUUUGGGEEE hype on that channel and virtually half the first episode had already been shown on trailers. That might have ruined the first show because nearly all the funnies had already been on for weeks.
    Independence... Nah!!!

Re: Two Broke Girl$

It's doing pretty well here, apparently, but I saw one episode and hated it.

The show gets A LOT of viewers in the U.S. and lands high in the weekly ratings.

I'm not much of a fan of the show. I wanted to like it a lot but most of the jokes seemed either making fun of stereo-types or snarky comments. I like the blonde as she seems lost in a new world of being poor. The brunette seems like she's suppose to be the all-knowing, hard knocks girl but to me she comes off being bitter and a bit of an asshole. I gave up after maybe 4 episodes so the show may have improved.

EDIT: My April 13 issue of Entertainment Weekly says the show ranks in at #18 with 9.4 million viewers. Once Upon a Time ranks in at 22 with 8.8 million viewers. I think the Walking Dead ranks in with about 1.5 million but I'm going on memory for that one.
    Last edited by DungeonMasterJim; 04-20-2012 at 11:55 AM. Reason: provided stats
    Oh and if a mod would kindly delete the living hell out of this tread so I do not continue to look like a total tool, I'd appreciate it.

- a wise man

My comic - The Necropolis Chronicles - can be bought here:
    Issue 1, 24 pages:
    http://www.indyplanet.com/index.php?id=152
    Issue 2, 24 pages:
    http://www.indyplanet.com/index.php?id=151
    Book 2, 48 pages, all new story arc:
    http://www.indyplanet.com/index.php?id=4454

it's a long, 1/2 hour Vagina joke every week.

but I do like it.
    "do what bert says" - Flamestar (c/o Ouzo Man)

A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

Trouble Boy

Yeah, the stereotype and hipster jokes get annoying, but I like Kat Dannings so I continue to watch.

Is there really a $ sign on the end of the version that airs in Scotland?

Although I believe the US version won't use the word "Two". Its "2", for some dumb reason.

Makes me think of "¡Rob!" or "$#*! My Dad Says".

It is called 2 Broke Girl$ here in the UK exactly the same as America. We're pretty used to dollar signs as Ss here too.

It is shown on a channel called E4 which is basically Channel 4's entertainment orientated channel. It shows stuff like The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother and several other US comedies. It's a pretty good channel actually.

Just to explain something to some people who might be too sure of UK TV, practically all channels are UK wide here and it is only the occasional regional programme (yes, we spell it that way) that varies in certain places on regional versions of channels, like sports shows, news and often comedy because of differences in dialect and culture. Scotland tends to produce a lot of homegrown comedy as does Northern Ireland but much of it doesn't air on UK wide networks and is only shown locally.

Almost all major UK TV channels are based in England although there are offices and broadcasting facilities around the UK and in Scotland we have BBC Scotland and STV who cover BBC One and Two and the Scottish based ITV licence.

We get loads of US shows and we have dozens of channels which show similar programming to the US versions of the same channels. We even have a lot of channels which work closely with other channels in the US such as Sky One which has very close links to Fox, Sky is part of the Murdoch empire and shows stuff like The Simpsons and Sky Atlantic, which was set up mainly to show HBO programming as HBO don't have their own channel here, strangely.
    Independence... Nah!!!

Actually I just went back and checked (I hadn't seen an episode in a long time). There IS a $ in the opening credits, quite noticeably, so its dumb I forgot it. But I don't think its actually in the show NAME. I think its just an animation for the titles.

Sometimes, it's really, really funny. Like when they broke into the blonde's old home and had a type of slumber party.

I think it's improving as the season goes on.
    A Jewish seamstress in a steampunked Victorian London hires a consulting detective to solve a magical murder mystery.
    --The Curse of the Brimstone Contract by Corrina Lawson

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffy
    Actually I just went back and checked (I hadn't seen an episode in a long time). There IS a $ in the opening credits, quite noticeably, so its dumb I forgot it. But I don't think its actually in the show NAME. I think its just an animation for the titles.
    The dollar sign doesn't seem to be official but I tended to use it.
    Independence... Nah!!!