Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of Korra

Re: Legend of Korra

Technically that was chakra blocked, and that was because he was interrupted while in the middle of entering the Avatar state. It was when his back was hit that the block was removed.
    Life is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get a heck of a ride.

Yep, looks like I'm gonna regret backing the character in the centre of all the shipping wars.

Whelp.. looks like I wasn't the only one to see the leaked episode. Funny. I was just talking with a friend with a name similar to Asami and she was saying how much she liked Mako.

This new generation of the Avatar world is amazing. I didn't watch the original series as it aired. It's pretty cool seeing this one each week.

Quote Originally Posted by The Xenos View Post
    Whelp.. looks like I wasn't the only one to see the leaked episode. Funny. I was just talking with a friend with a name similar to Asami and she was saying how much she liked Mako.

This new generation of the Avatar world is amazing. I didn't watch the original series as it aired. It's pretty cool seeing this one each week.
    leaked? where?
    http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2010-05-26/1274898144846.jpg

Friendship is being there when someone's feeling low and not being afraid to kick them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid2 View Post
    leaked? where?
    crap... I lost the links to part one and three.. that or they plugged the leak..

anyway, prepare for the new character seen above

I've not seen the leaked episode, found some stills shortly before though.

I'm waiting til Saturday.

This was a startlingly well-done episode, mainly on the close-up animation of Korra. I felt her terror in several scenes, and the fear and paralysis was drawn really well. The emotion was almost painful for me, as it really seemed like a kid scared for the first time in her life and completely unprepared for the impact. It really highlighted how, uber-awesomness aside, Korra is just sixteen years old and has never really faced a lot of the problems of life before.

On the downside, I felt the romance was a bit forced. I've got no problem with the introduction of romantic conflicts, but from meeting to first date to dating in a single episode is a bit much; they should have introduced Asami here, and maybe gotten to the first dinner, but left the introduction of Hiroshi, the sponsorship and the carriage ride for later episodes (Plus, did anybody else just keep screaming "Beliefs!" over and over? @#$%ing memes). Ah, well, I trust 'em enough to handle it well.
    Life is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get a heck of a ride.

You know, instead of the more elaborate theories about characters from the previous series being under Amon's mask, there's a real part of me that thinks that might be cheating, given how the show is written. Its probably more in line with the self-enclosed nature of the show to have it be some contemporary character we get to know in some other way. I'm suspicious of Sato (Hiroshi, that is). He's kind of the wrong build, so maybe he's not Amon himself, but there's obviously some tie-in there. It just feels like there HAS to be. Councilman Tarrlok is another suspect--at least until we get to see him and Amon in the same scene. A Waterbender wouldn't be the obvious suspect, but clearly we are meant to be instantly suspicious of the man.

Hmm, was not too fond of this episode actually. Things seemed to happen a wee bit quickly. And I wonder what was up with those visions at the end with Sokka, Toph, Aang, ETC.

When Amon chi-truck her, the altered energy of the body allowed her to tap into the collective memories of the past Avatar cycles. Those were her memories of being Aang, and probably helped come up because she was actually at Aang's memorial.