Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 7 of 60 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 597

Thread: Legend of Korra

  1. #61

    Re: Legend of Korra

    Quote Originally Posted by Shurato2099 View Post
    Avatar: The Last Airbender is streaming on Netflix if you want to take a look at it. It has plot, character development, humor, action, tension, great art and voice work, accessible to a wide age group ... it's the total package as far as I'm concerned.
    I'm sure it is, I'm not knocking it. I just prefer anime that is skewed to an adult rather than an all ages audience. That said I'm interested in this show because the character is an adult, or very close to it, and it seems to be a 26 episode story driven anime series with heart and budget and I go crazy for those. Once the whole series is out on Bluray I plan on watching as much of the first episode as I legally can on youtube and buying it outright if I like it.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester C.

    Not knowning anything about Avatar, I have to admit when I saw Korra I thought she was white. Thankfully Spiffy cleared it up with the post below yours.
    Some of the scenes she appears a LOT lighter than others. It's just lighting, but the fanart community is a mess right now because of it.

    The first ep is already available for free legal screening, you have no reason not to watch it.
    Current Favorite DC Book: Calendar of Small Events
    Current Favorite Marvel Book: Hawkeye

    Location: Texas

  3. #63
    Right Guy Cassandra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    1,775

    Re: Legend of Korra

    A word from one of the creators on the issue of Korra being female:
    “Some Nickelodeon executives were worried, says Konietzko, about backing an animated action show with a female lead character. Conventional TV wisdom has it that girls will watch shows about boys, but boys won’t watch shows about girls. During test screenings, though, boys said they didn’t care that Korra was a girl. They just said she was awesome.”
    Hopefully other producers will pay attention.

  4. #64
    Hard Boiled michealdark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dyer, IN
    Posts
    14,936

    Re: Legend of Korra

    Quote Originally Posted by AthenAltena View Post
    And this just in: The show was Nick's most watched animated premiere in three years. Take that, idea that girl led shows won't draw viewers.
    That is pretty badass
    Quote Originally Posted by Shel Silverstein
    Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    My Mind's Eye

  5. #65

    Re: Legend of Korra

    Here's a clip for this week episode:


  6. #66
    Gunsel Karen El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Karen
    Posts
    3,380

    Re: Legend of Korra

    Quote Originally Posted by Lester C. View Post
    I'm sure it is, I'm not knocking it. I just prefer anime that is skewed to an adult rather than an all ages audience. That said I'm interested in this show because the character is an adult, or very close to it, and it seems to be a 26 episode story driven anime series with heart and budget and I go crazy for those. Once the whole series is out on Bluray I plan on watching as much of the first episode as I legally can on youtube and buying it outright if I like it.
    It's not anime. All-ages does not necessarily mean 'crap'. Avatar is a fantastic, involved story, and if you miss out on it because you've labeled it to be something you don't like, it's your loss.
    Life's an elevator. It goes up and down.

  7. #67

    Re: Legend of Korra

    Quote Originally Posted by Karen El View Post
    It's not anime. All-ages does not necessarily mean 'crap'. Avatar is a fantastic, involved story, and if you miss out on it because you've labeled it to be something you don't like, it's your loss.
    I never once mentioned that avatar was crap or in any way disparaged the show. I just mentioned that programs that are all ages don't appeal to me beyond that I would never review a product I haven't tested because I find it highly unethical when people do that.

  8. #68
    ~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Slewo.O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    99,176

    Re: Legend of Korra

    Can't seem to get the Korra episodes to load on my PC. I have the latest version of Flash, but it's just showing the black buffering screen. Every video on the site, except for full episodes work. Any idea why this may be happening folks?
    Quote Originally Posted by John M. Coker (Johnny C.) View Post
    Slewo's right.

    Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

    TWICE!

  9. #69

    Re: Legend of Korra

    Quote Originally Posted by Slewo.O View Post
    Can't seem to get the Korra episodes to load on my PC. I have the latest version of Flash, but it's just showing the black buffering screen. Every video on the site, except for full episodes work. Any idea why this may be happening folks?
    How fast is your web browser? If your browser is slow then the video is going to load much faster than you can watch it and it will freeze untill it loads no matter how expensive your PC is or what you have on the machine. When this happened with my old server I'd start the video, pause it, and do something else for a while then start the play button once the clip was ready to play. Anyway you can test your pc speed at the link below.

    http://www.speedtest.net/index.php?nojs=1

  10. #70
    ~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Slewo.O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    99,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester C.

    How fast is your web browser? If your browser is slow then the video is going to load much faster than you can watch it and it will freeze untill it loads no matter how expensive your PC is or what you have on the machine. When this happened with my old server I'd start the video, pause it, and do something else for a while then start the play button once the clip was ready to play. Anyway you can test your pc speed at the link below.

    http://www.speedtest.net/index.php?nojs=1
    Not even that. I had it for like a halt hour and
    It simply was just the loading screen. Play wouldn't even work.
    Quote Originally Posted by John M. Coker (Johnny C.) View Post
    Slewo's right.

    Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

    TWICE!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •