Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 6 of 60 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of Korra

Re: Legend of Korra

Huh, surprised that that link you posted let me actually watch the full episodes. Cartoon network's does not work in Canada so I assumed Nick's did not either.

Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerjock View Post
    One other thing. In addition to the mindset that "People don't watch shows with minority leads" and "People don't watch action shows with female leads" there's also the fact that it had a huge premier despite the show being streamed online weeks beforehand. Perhaps this will be a bit of a wake-up call to the execs who think that the internet can be nothing but detrimental to a TV franchise.
    Well, there's no denying she's a girl, but the racial characteristics of the character aren't really very in your face. Pseudo-Inuit doesn't really have the same button-pushing potential anyway.

Besides, she'll be white in the movie.
    Life is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get a heck of a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by JBK405 View Post
    Ugh don't remind me of that abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by JBK405 View Post

http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2010-05-26/1274898144846.jpg

Friendship is being there when someone's feeling low and not being afraid to kick them.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Huh, surprised that that link you posted let me actually watch the full episodes. Cartoon network's does not work in Canada so I assumed Nick's did not either.
    Not knowning anything about Avatar, I have to admit when I saw Korra I thought she was white. Thankfully Spiffy cleared it up with the post below yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester C. View Post
    Not knowning anything about Avatar, I have to admit when I saw Korra I thought she was white. Thankfully Spiffy cleared it up with the post below yours.
    Probably due to the blue eyes. If you don't know that's a common feature of the Water Tribe it's an easy enough mistake to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid2 View Post
    So, I take it you're rallying in support of the change?
    Life is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get a heck of a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by AthenAltena View Post
    Probably due to the blue eyes. If you don't know that's a common feature of the Water Tribe it's an easy enough mistake to make.
    I've never seen an episode of either show, but the important thing is that a show about a strong independent young woman in a male dominated genre is kicking ass in the ratings on the small screen and big screen as well with Hunger Games being HUGE. Being a 33 year old male I'm not exactly going to run out to watch either show but I look forward to the day when my niece is old enough and we can have a real bonding experience by watching both shows.

Avatar: The Last Airbender is streaming on Netflix if you want to take a look at it. It has plot, character development, humor, action, tension, great art and voice work, accessible to a wide age group ... it's the total package as far as I'm concerned.