Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ted

Re: Ted

How many people know Seth MacFarlane? How many people know him as Peter Griffin from Family Guy? I'd say his name alone isn't enough of a draw, not for a Hollywood movie, so that might be why they went with a similar voice, for recognition value. Because, yeah, that bear is totally Peter.

Mind you, no one has commented on Wahlberg yet. I mean, look at that guy! He's a somewhat respectable actor now!

Quote Originally Posted by BnL View Post
    I thought the bear was imaginary at first too. It really does feel like a live-action version of Family Guy, with the bear combining aspects of the show's most outrageous characters. I don't mean that as a compliment.
    Well it does follow his formula minus the kids

Quote Originally Posted by zemo View Post
    How many people know Seth MacFarlane? How many people know him as Peter Griffin from Family Guy?
    In the 18-24 range? Many, many, many people.

I kind of want to see this in spit of myself.

(we're on Tumblr too!)

Someone on the Bendis boards was wondering how people would react to the trailer if they didn't know who McFarlane was or have a preformed opinion about his other projects. I'm kind of wondering that myself; I know my own response to the trailer is at least partly influenced by my prior knowledge/opinion of the dude/his work, so I'm curious how I'd feel about it without that.

So this is basically Wilfred, remade by Seth McFarlane?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    So this is basically Wilfred, remade by Seth McFarlane?
    No wilfred was a real dog that a stoner projects he subconcious(sp) thoughts into. Either that or his perpetual stoner mind sees the dog as human and talking to him. Either way i dont think the dog is really talking/ doing those things in wilfred.
    Hate me all you want, 95 % of the time I'm write.

Quote Originally Posted by saintsaucey View Post
    No wilfred was a real dog that a stoner projects he subconcious(sp) thoughts into. Either that or his perpetual stoner mind sees the dog as human and talking to him. Either way i dont think the dog is really talking/ doing those things in wilfred.
    They keep the idea open that the dog is real and I'd be more inclined to think the pills from the first episode broke his brain than ascribe the talking dog to the pot.