Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Questions/Comments on "Avengers vs. X-Men""(Some Spoilers)

Re: Questions/Comments on "Avengers vs. X-Men""(Some Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by zemo View Post
    People, why are you trying to rationalize this story? Marvel editorial wanted a slugfest, so this is what we get. They didn't put half as much thought into this, trust me.
    Because I've been reading the X-Men for 19 years and they are being painted as bad guys and that makes me sad.
    "Being agnostic is all about the realization that even though there probably is some sort of god or creator out there somewhere, the human race is and will always be too stupid to find them.” Oscar Wilde (alleged!)

"'politically incorrect' (the preferred self-congratulatory term for the enthusiastically offensive)" Fred Clarke

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by sunbird
    Because I've been reading the X-Men for 19 years and they are being painted as bad guys and that makes me sad.
    Not like the Avengers are being shown in a better light. I mean unless it's now heroic to throw kids into Sentinel camps.
    [QUOTE=John M. Coker (Johnny C.);8992400]Slewo's right.

Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

TWICE![/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Slewo.O View Post
    Not like the Avengers are being shown in a better light. I mean unless it's now heroic to throw kids into Sentinel camps.
    Exactly. The only way you can have those two groups fight each other is to make them both act like assholes, which is what Marvel did.

I also fully believe that the only reason Thing got put into the Avengers this time around was so they could have him fight against Colossus.

Quote Originally Posted by Slewo.O View Post
    I'm not exactly thrilled about that either (although I don't think your second point is entirely fair based on what I've read about Avengers Academy upcoming story). But while I enjoy the Avengers I'm still an X-fan deep down.
    "Being agnostic is all about the realization that even though there probably is some sort of god or creator out there somewhere, the human race is and will always be too stupid to find them.” Oscar Wilde (alleged!)

"'politically incorrect' (the preferred self-congratulatory term for the enthusiastically offensive)" Fred Clarke

When I see Avengers vs. X-Men registration/rights arguments, I just want Reed Richards to show up, give a lecture about transhumanism as a choice everyone should be entitled to, and then reveal that he shipped out packages to everyone on the planet with a device inside and a big red button that, when pressed, will turn them into a mutant. Not just a metahuman but an actual Marvel mutant, remapping their DNA with terragen mist extract and nano-thingamabobs. Anybody who wants super-powers can have them.

And then have a double splash page of Cyclops and Cap, mouths agape, while Reed smiles and shrugs. Tony is in the background pouring himself a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    When I see Avengers vs. X-Men registration/rights arguments, I just want Reed Richards to show up, give a lecture about transhumanism as a choice everyone should be entitled to, and then reveal that he shipped out packages to everyone on the planet with a device inside and a big red button that, when pressed, will turn them into a mutant. Not just a metahuman but an actual Marvel mutant, remapping their DNA with terragen mist extract and nano-thingamabobs. Anybody who wants super-powers can have them.

And then have a double splash page of Cyclops and Cap, mouths agape, while Reed smiles and shrugs. Tony is in the background pouring himself a drink.

that would be awesome when are you going to do it?
    "It's like poking a badger with a sharp stick. It's going to get ugly and it's going to happen fast" Detective Rand

Darkling by JM Patterson http://www.darklingmedia.com/

Suspended
    Well there's an explanation for why Rachel isn't taking a huge role in the story.

Spoiler:
    Rachel ends up in a psychic coma caused by the Phoenix's return to Earth

Though I wonder what that means for Quentin Quire.
    [QUOTE=John M. Coker (Johnny C.);8992400]Slewo's right.

Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

TWICE![/QUOTE]