KellySue Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Thread: Emerald City Comic Con

Emerald City Comic Con

TABLE M-06

Come in and go STRAIGHT BACK.

We’ve got lots of stuff with us. CASANOVA, FIVE FISTS, OSBORN, CASTLE, IRON MAN omnibii and the IRON FIST omnibus and THOR books so on and so forth. Even a couple Spanish edition CASANOVA: LUXURIA volumes for any Cass superfans that might show up.

I didn’t get my copies of AVARITIA #3 before I left. There’s a snowball’s chance they’ll show tomorrow but it looks grim. Both trades and AVARITIA #1 and #2 are on-hand though, so you can get caught up.

Anyway. Tons of stuff. And when we’re not at the stuff BELOW, that’s where we’ll be.

ECCC

#mce_temp_url#WASHINGTON STATE CONVENTION CENTER

SHOW FLOOR
    http://www.emeraldcitycomicon.com/show-floor/

•••

FRIDAY, MARCH 30
    2 - 7 (show runs longer but I gotta get dinner)

SATURDAY, MARCH 31
    10 - 7

SUNDAY, APRIL 1
    10 - 5

•••

Friday • March 30th

KELLY SUE
    Marvel: Breaking Into Comics
    Room: 4C1-2
    Time: 6:00 - 7:00

Are you a writer or artist? Ever dream of working for Marvel? Do you find yourself thinking “I could do that if I knew how!” Well, here’s your chance! Join C.B. Cebulski, Marvel’s Talent Scout, and panelists Kelly Sue DeConnick(Castle: Deadly Storm), Ramon Perez (John Carter: Gods of Mars), Phil Noto (X-23), Chris Yost (Scarlet Spider), and Adi Granov (Iron Man) to find out the answers on how to get your foot in the door at MARVEL!

Saturday • March 31st

FRACTION
    Marvel: Pint O’ C.B.
    Room: 4C1-2
    Time: 2:00 - 3:00

This is it, Mighty Marvel fans- the no-holds-barred, anything goes, full of surprises panel you waited all year for, and it’s here! Marvel’s C.B. Cebulski takes on all questions and shocks the audience with jaw-dropping announcements with superstar guests Matt Fraction (Mighty Thor), Ed Brubaker (Captain America), Dan Slott (The Amazing Spider-Man) and Rick Remender (Uncanny X-Force)! You better be here, because this is the panel that everyone will be talking about! So head on over and grab a pint with C.B.!

FRACTION
    Marvel: Avengers Vs. X-Men
    Room: 4C3-4
    Time: 5:00 - 6:00

The two most popular franchises in comic history-go to war! Marvel is bringing together the world’s greatest super heroes for an unforgettable battle beginning in April. Join Marvel’s C.B. Cebulski, along with AvX writers Matt Fraction(Invincible Iron Man) and Ed Brubaker (Winter Soldier) to discuss the event that will change the direction of the Marvel Universe!

Sunday • April 1st

FRACTION
    Super Addicted: Dealing With Addiction In A Four Color World
    Room: 3AB
    Time: 2:00 - 3:00

Eisner Award-Winning Comic Book writer Matt Fraction (Casanova, Iron Man) and University of Oregon Professor and Comics Scholar Ben Saunders (Do The Gods Wear Capes?) will engage in a fascinating discussion about the representation of alcoholism and drug addiction in American superhero comics.

The discussion will include a survey of some historical “high points” (so to speak) in superhero comic-book history, including the 1960s Amazing Spider-Man comics in which Harry Osborn has a bad trip on LSD (famously denied approval by the Comics Code Authority); Speedy’s junkie phase in Green Lantern/Green Arrow; the “hallucinogenic” sequences in Alan Moore’s Swamp Thing; and of course, Iron Man’s various struggles with alcoholism.
    In addition to what Fraction posted, I’ve got a signing with Phil Noto for GHOST at Dark Horse (#702) at 1pm on Sunday. Our book’s not out yet, so they’ve put together a FREE PRINT for us to sign! Come by and get you one.

Oh! Oh! And at some point today, I should have unofficial Captain Marvel buttons to give out. Follow me on twitter — @kellysue — and I’ll let you know when they arrive!

Re: Emerald City Comic Con

I wish I could go. Hopefully next year. I'm on the east coast right now but I'm moving out to LA over the summer. Namely between Heroes Con and San Diego, the only two cons I'm making it to this year. That's going to be a super busy couple of weeks.

Oh, and I totally want to go to Morrison Con. I imagine they will be handing out LSD and leather body suits at the door.
    I color comics sometimes: MichaelCGarland.com