Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [DC/Comics in General] Can't think of good words for how I'm feeling

Banned

Re: [DC/Comics in General] Can't think of good words for how I'm feeling

I read Saga, and I was interested, but I either get more soon, or I'll forget about it entirely.

Issue 2 comes out in 2 weeks.

Grifter

One thing I REALLY don't need is people telling me I should be happy about the DCnU. Things change, intellectually I know that, but you can't make me like it.

As for the stuff people have been recommending... thanks, I have tried some of the stuff. Invincible I've been reading the trades of, I enjoyed Ron Marz's Witchblade, but he's off the book now and I'm not enjoying the post-Marz stuff as much - I'm considering dropping that, too. I have no interest in westerns, and am actively repelled by the zombie genre, so I won't be looking at books from either of those.

I should have mentioned that I am particularly interested in good books with female leads, but those are thin on the ground these days. I do know of Captain Marvel being upcoming, and I'll give it a try, although I've never been particularly interested in her.

Quote Originally Posted by Laevatein View Post
    I should have mentioned that I am particularly interested in good books with female leads, but those are thin on the ground these days. I do know of Captain Marvel being upcoming, and I'll give it a try, although I've never been particularly interested in her.
    You need to be reading Glory. It's fantastic.
    Life's an elevator. It goes up and down.

stupid double posting double.
    Life's an elevator. It goes up and down.

Grifter

Quote Originally Posted by Karen El View Post
    You need to be reading Glory. It's fantastic.
    I am, I mentioned that in my initial post.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RobStaeger View Post
    Issue 2 comes out in 2 weeks.
    Oh, excellent! Thanks.

I thought I had read that people weren't sure when it was coming out. I need to pay more attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Laevatein View Post
    One thing I REALLY don't need is people telling me I should be happy about the DCnU. Things change, intellectually I know that, but you can't make me like it.

As for the stuff people have been recommending... thanks, I have tried some of the stuff. Invincible I've been reading the trades of, I enjoyed Ron Marz's Witchblade, but he's off the book now and I'm not enjoying the post-Marz stuff as much - I'm considering dropping that, too. I have no interest in westerns, and am actively repelled by the zombie genre, so I won't be looking at books from either of those.

Have you checked out the new Vertigo series Dominique Laveau: Voodoo Child? Quite a few people I know have compared it to Witchblade. I haven't read it yet, but the previews I've seen suggest Denys Cowan is killing it on art at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by RobStaeger View Post
    I think with some books like that -- Animal Man and Demon Knights, particularly -- people underestimate the effect the reboot had on them. Storytelling-wise, the effect isn't much, but I'd count it as highly unlikely that either book would have anywhere near the success they've had without the sustained and pervasive marketing push the reboot made possible. My guess would be that Animal Man would be canceled by issue 8, and no one would have had enough confidence in Demon Knights to even try.
    The reboot as a marketing push is to me a different beast to the reboot as a narrative event. I am aware that DC (and good books) has (have) benefitted greatly from the former, it is the latter I have substancial issues with. Also the idea that otherwise good books could have gotten a boost they wouldn't normally have kind of depresses me. No that good books are getting attention now, but that they flounder the rest of the time, and that great books like Secret Six and Stephbats which could have benefited from the boost didn't get the chance.

I'm with the OP on DCNU over all. After years of reading every BOP appearence, 7 got me to drop the title. I get less now from DC than I have ever have, and I don't see that changing.

I am very much enjoying All Star Western, which didn't need the reboot to happen at all, ditto Legion of Super Heroes.

Dynamite is getting more and more of my share of comic money these days. Check out Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Zorro, Warehouse 13, and the forthcoming Shadow, as I believe was mentioned earlier.
    My first novel is up Amazon Kindle at http://www.amazon.com/In-My-Brothers...8184334&sr=1-1

And now in paperback, too!