Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A love interest for Pied Piper?

A love interest for Pied Piper?

So it this week's Flash, Patty Spivot has dropped by the home of the crime lab director, David Singh. She spots some flutes arranged on a stand, and says she didn't know he played. He says, "They're not mine," and changes the subject.

We don't know a lot about Singh, other than he's Barry's boss, and he's much more interested in getting fresh cases solved than cold cases (probably not an unusual priority for someone in his position). He's also not a big fan of the Flash, feeling like stopping crime is the job of the police, not amateurs. But now we also know that he knows someone well enough to keep flutes in his house -- and that detail is important enough to devote a couple of panels to.

That sounds to me like it could be Hartley. I'm racking my brain, and I can't think of any other flautists in Flash history who it might be.

Re: A love interest for Pied Piper?

That would be cool to see, actually. That was my first thought as well.

I hope so... though if he's dating a law-and-order guy like Singh, it doesn't bode well for their long-term prospects.

But regardless, that would make Singh one more prominent gay male in the DCU (supporting character division). Which would be good to see.

I actually thought he might be the Pied Piper (I don't think we've seen him yet, and I thought they were going for a "different person in the identity identity" or "took up the identity after the previous one died" angle) but this makes a lot more sense.
    Life is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get a heck of a ride.

An update: Piper shows up in the latest issue of Flash... and appears very clearly unhappy when David Singh introduces him (after a pregnant pause) as "...a friend." Someone's in the closet, but I don't see that lasting long.

He looks so hurt (Maybe more "pissed") at that line, I wonder how long David's going to keep trying to hide their relationship?
    Life is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get a heck of a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by JBK405 View Post
    He looks so hurt (Maybe more "pissed") at that line, I wonder how long David's going to keep trying to hide their relationship?
    Patty's no dummy; she'll probably figure it out.

(Of course, Lois didn't know Clark was ducking into closets for 50 years...)

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Slewo.O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RobStaeger

Patty's no dummy; she'll probably figure it out.

(Of course, Lois didn't know Clark was ducking into closets for 50 years...)
    Hiding a superhero identity is a bit different from hiding a pretty obvious romantic relationship. Gotta love the irony of a gruff tightwad like Singh getting involved with a former superhero.
    Quote Originally Posted by John M. Coker (Johnny C.) View Post
    Slewo's right.

Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

TWICE!

Quote Originally Posted by Slewo.O View Post
    Hiding a superhero identity is a bit different from hiding a pretty obvious romantic relationship. Gotta love the irony of a gruff tightwad like Singh getting involved with a former superhero.
    Are you saying hiding a superhero identity is easier? From people you see in both IDs, without a mask?

And I think Piper might be a former supervillain. They used the word "reformed," I think. Although from Singh, I guess it could be either.

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Slewo.O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RobStaeger

Are you saying hiding a superhero identity is easier? From people you see in both IDs, without a mask?

And I think Piper might be a former supervillain. They used the word "reformed," I think. Although from Singh, I guess it could be either.
    Superman does it with a lot of skill.

They also called him a former vigilante in the same issue, I'm guessing he's basically the same with the whole former Rogue turned superhero shtick.
    Quote Originally Posted by John M. Coker (Johnny C.) View Post
    Slewo's right.

Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

TWICE!