Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Justice For Trayvon

Re: Justice For Trayvon

Quote Originally Posted by michealdark View Post
    I would imagine someone who had their head banged off the pavement for a full minute would have those deep, yellow-green bruises. And those things are such an unnatural color that you'd think they'd stand out even in the lower quality version of the video
    No two heads are the same. Plenty of people in jail for manslaughter because they one punch killed someone by punching them in the head or even shoving them causing them to fall crack their skull and die. The legal jargon for this is eggshell skull because their skull is fragile as an egg.

It also goes the other way, some people have unaturally thick skulls and can take what should be massive damage to the head with no ill effects. There is no legal term I know off but the term hard-headed may have originated from this. For all we know the event could have gone done excatly as Zimmerman mentioned but because he has a denser than average skully there was little visible damage.

I for one am glad that there is going to be an independent inquiry to this matter. Whether this is murder or self-defense everyone from the Zimmerman's to the Martins and yes the wider community deserves to know the truth and the only way to get there is a massive investigation that is currently underway.

Quote Originally Posted by michealdark View Post
    I would imagine someone who had their head banged off the pavement for a full minute would have those deep, yellow-green bruises. And those things are such an unnatural color that you'd think they'd stand out even in the lower quality version of the video
    If Zimmerman is claiming that his head was banged on pavement for a full minute or even half a minute I would think the EMT's would have taken him to the hospital to check for concussion.

It doesn't take much to give someone a concussion and no matter how thick your skull is you're always at danger of a concussion because concussion is caused by your bain banging around inside your skull -- hitting the walls of your cranium.

I had a friend who had a low-speed fall from a bike and WAS wearing a bike helmet and went to her doctor and STILL had a mild concussion. She was back at work the next day but she wore sunglasses INSIDE because she said the light gave her a headache.

I can't imagine the EMT's just let him go without a thorough checkup if he was ANY kind of at risk for concussion.
    A.K.A. Lailoni Prime Vesta (courtesy of Tom Stillwell)

My blog of random and often geeky things -- Compound Geekery!

Riding the rollercoaster at Six Flags over Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Stressfactor View Post
    If Zimmerman is claiming that his head was banged on pavement for a full minute or even half a minute I would think the EMT's would have taken him to the hospital to check for concussion.

It doesn't take much to give someone a concussion and no matter how thick your skull is you're always at danger of a concussion because concussion is caused by your bain banging around inside your skull -- hitting the walls of your cranium.

I had a friend who had a low-speed fall from a bike and WAS wearing a bike helmet and went to her doctor and STILL had a mild concussion. She was back at work the next day but she wore sunglasses INSIDE because she said the light gave her a headache.

I can't imagine the EMT's just let him go without a thorough checkup if he was ANY kind of at risk for concussion.

Yeah but if he was coherent and didn't have any obvious signs of mental trauma and did not want to go to the hospital they can't make him go
    "It's like poking a badger with a sharp stick. It's going to get ugly and it's going to happen fast" Detective Rand

Darkling by JM Patterson http://www.darklingmedia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Craig C View Post
    Yeah but if he was coherent and didn't have any obvious signs of mental trauma and did not want to go to the hospital they can't make him go
    Which then again speaks against him actually having feared for his life, because if someone had banged MY head against the pavement for a full minute (what, did he have a stopwatch?) and done other things to me that made me fear for my life I'd sure get a check-up.

Do they have the death penalty in this state? If so, I hope the prosecution won't go for it, I can see him wiggle out because the court is not convinced enough to execute a man, despite thinking that he's guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester C. View Post
    No two heads are the same. Plenty of people in jail for manslaughter because they one punch killed someone by punching them in the head or even shoving them causing them to fall crack their skull and die. The legal jargon for this is eggshell skull because their skull is fragile as an egg.

It also goes the other way, some people have unaturally thick skulls and can take what should be massive damage to the head with no ill effects. There is no legal term I know off but the term hard-headed may have originated from this. For all we know the event could have gone done excatly as Zimmerman mentioned but because he has a denser than average skully there was little visible damage.

I for one am glad that there is going to be an independent inquiry to this matter. Whether this is murder or self-defense everyone from the Zimmerman's to the Martins and yes the wider community deserves to know the truth and the only way to get there is a massive investigation that is currently underway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stressfactor View Post

This is why I wish the EMT records would be released! And you're right about concussions. I'm fairly sure that I've given myself a lot of minor ones because I love to headbang when I listen to heavy metal and punk, which are like my two favorite genres. And I get way too into it.

Quote Originally Posted by zemo View Post
    Which then again speaks against him actually having feared for his life, because if someone had banged MY head against the pavement for a full minute (what, did he have a stopwatch?) and done other things to me that made me fear for my life I'd sure get a check-up.

Do they have the death penalty in this state? If so, I hope the prosecution won't go for it, I can see him wiggle out because the court is not convinced enough to execute a man, despite thinking that he's guilty.
    Florida still uses the chair, I think. But yeah, their best bet is a manslaughter case, otherwise you end up with a Casey Anthony situation, where despite clear evidence of something wrong happening, there's not enough evidence to convict on the charges presented because the offender was over-charged to make an example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shel Silverstein
    Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    My Mind's Eye

Robert Zimmerman Sr was on Sean Hannity last night.

"I just believe it's very sad that so many people are not telling the truth on purpose for their own agenda. I thought that we had gotten past a lot of racial problems," Robert Zimmerman said.
    Gotten past a lot of racial problems...riiiiight. This man needs to shut up now, he is not helping his son.

http://nation.foxnews.com/george-zim...ks-out-hannity

Secondly...

On Wednesday, attorneys Craig Sonner and Hal Uhrig sat down for a live interview on "Piers Morgan Tonight," and afterwards announced the upcoming launch of a website to disseminate information about the case, and to raise funds for George Zimmerman's legal defense and living expenses.
    Living expenses?! Sounds like this family is trying to make money off this murder. That pisses me off.

I hope Anonymous takes down the website.

Quote Originally Posted by t.c.johnson View Post

Gotten past a lot of racial problems...riiiiight. This man needs to shut up now, he is not helping his son.

Secondly...

Living expenses?! Sounds like this family is trying to make money off this murder. That pisses me off.

To be fair in their minds it's not murder and it's hard to earn money for living expenses because you are forced into hiding. Not that I'm defending him, if he is guilty he needs to be punished but still I don't think he's trying to make money just pay his bills.

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Slewo.O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester C.

To be fair in their minds it's not murder and it's hard to earn money for living expenses because you are forced into hiding. Not that I'm defending him, if he is guilty he needs to be punished but still I don't think he's trying to make money just pay his bills.
    Nobody forced him into hiding. He's a coward who can't face the consequences of his actions, if he really believes in his innocence he should be out there.

At least those are my crazy thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by John M. Coker (Johnny C.) View Post
    Slewo's right.

Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

TWICE!

Quote Originally Posted by t.c.johnson View Post

Secondly...

Weeeellll...should Zimmermann get out of this, he is pretty much done. Might as well carry around abullseye on his back. I can understand why he'd need money that way, no one's going to hire him. Can you imagine being a black person and meeting this guy in your local Walmart?

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Slewo.O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zemo

Weeeellll...should Zimmermann get out of this, he is pretty much done. Might as well carry around abullseye on his back. I can understand why he'd need money that way, no one's going to hire him. Can you imagine being a black person and meeting this guy in your local Walmart?
    "Sir! This man is wearing a hoodie! Do I have permission to shoot?"
    "Dammit, no! He's a customer, what's wrong with you?"
    "I'm just identifying what may be a potential threat, so I'll just shoot anyway. Stop you drug dealer!"
    Quote Originally Posted by John M. Coker (Johnny C.) View Post
    Slewo's right.

Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

TWICE!