Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Justice For Trayvon

Re: Justice For Trayvon

Yeah. He's not facing us in that picture, so we can't see if he has a nose splint or not, but it certainly didn't look like it in the original video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shel Silverstein
    Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    My Mind's Eye

Quote Originally Posted by Stressfactor View Post
    Besides, which it still doesn't necessarily prove anything. .
    True but remember the burdon of proof is on the prosecutor, not on defendant. Meaning if the defense can provide a plausible alternative explanation to what happened (Trayvon attacked me!) then that is a shadow of doubt and he must be released.

Quote Originally Posted by michealdark View Post
    Yeah. He's not facing us in that picture, so we can't see if he has a nose splint or not, but it certainly didn't look like it in the original video.
    Also we didn't see any signs of bruising either that would have shown that he had been in an altercation course it's been a few years since I've been an EMT too so if there is anyone on this board who is one that might be able to give a better understanding of what is usually shown in these types of injuries would be appreciated
    "It's like poking a badger with a sharp stick. It's going to get ugly and it's going to happen fast" Detective Rand

Darkling by JM Patterson http://www.darklingmedia.com/

I'm not a medical practioner but, again, I used to do martial arts and often got bruised in sparring.

I've also had quite a few accidents which caused some bad, bad bruising over the years.

My experience has been that the kind of bluish-black-purple color we associate with bruising doesn't usually show up for several hours -- often as much as 12 hours. You do, however, have a reddish area where the blood is starting to pool under the skin. And depending on how hard of a hit you're also going to see swelling right away.
    A.K.A. Lailoni Prime Vesta (courtesy of Tom Stillwell)

My blog of random and often geeky things -- Compound Geekery!

Riding the rollercoaster at Six Flags over Armageddon

I don't care what side of the issue you are on, what NBC did should piss everyone off. I'm lumping them in with Fox News on my must not watch list.

Last week, NBC's Today Show ran the edited audio of Zimmerman's phone call to a police dispatcher, seeming to show Zimmerman saying, "This guy looks like he's up to no good … he looks black."

A transcript of the complete 9-1-1 call shows that Zimmerman actually said, "This guy looks like he's up to no good, or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about."

The 911 officer responded saying, "OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?"

"He looks black," Zimmerman said.
    http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/De...spx?id=1571386

Quote Originally Posted by Lester C. View Post
    I don't care what side of the issue you are on, what NBC did should piss everyone off. I'm lumping them in with Fox News on my must not watch list.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/De...spx?id=1571386

Remember when they use to report the news and not sensationalize it?
    "It's like poking a badger with a sharp stick. It's going to get ugly and it's going to happen fast" Detective Rand

Darkling by JM Patterson http://www.darklingmedia.com/

Sadly, sensationalism has always been around because there's no money, ratings, or readership for responsible and intelligent journalism.
    Movie news, features, reviews, and miscellany: My work at Flixist
    Movie reviews and criticism: My stuff on CriticWire

Join us. Resistance is futile.
    Change your default settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig C View Post
    Remember when they use to report the news and not sensationalize it?
    When was this?
    Life is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get a heck of a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by t.c.johnson View Post
    Interesting

What is even more interesting is who is making this arguement.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2012/03...ix-now-a-fact/
    OTOH --
    Quote Originally Posted by Veterans Today Commentator in Link Above
    Editor’s notes on ethnicity: Martin may be African American but originates in Spain and most Martin’s are of English background. Zimmerman can be German or German/Jewish. Wolfzinger is German, sometimes Jewish but generally of Mennonite background. In a better world, I would so much have enjoyed NOT making these explanations.

Whuh...? Has anyone else commenting on this case felt it necessary to explain the ethnic backgrounds of the participants' names as an aside in an article, or even as a footnote? Is this information at all relevant? WTF?!!?

Quote Originally Posted by Stressfactor View Post
    I'm not a medical practioner but, again, I used to do martial arts and often got bruised in sparring.

I've also had quite a few accidents which caused some bad, bad bruising over the years.

My experience has been that the kind of bluish-black-purple color we associate with bruising doesn't usually show up for several hours -- often as much as 12 hours. You do, however, have a reddish area where the blood is starting to pool under the skin. And depending on how hard of a hit you're also going to see swelling right away.
    I would imagine someone who had their head banged off the pavement for a full minute would have those deep, yellow-green bruises. And those things are such an unnatural color that you'd think they'd stand out even in the lower quality version of the video
    Quote Originally Posted by Shel Silverstein
    Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    My Mind's Eye