Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Justice For Trayvon

Gunsel

Re: Justice For Trayvon

I live in the boonies. I regularly hear wolves howling at night. And it is haunting and sometimes scary. I don't own a gun nor do I have a license to own one.

I also don't call people to say there's wolves moving at the perimeter of my yard, ignore their advice to stay away from them, then go and provoke them and shoot them when I feel threatened.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    The old Deep South rule of thumb is still in effect (and not just in the Deep South):

If a black man kills a white man, that's murder.
    If a white man kills a black man, that's self defense.
    If a black man kills a black man, that's just one less n*****.
    You see this a lot in Mississippi with the sentences they give for murder depending on the players involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrina View Post
    The Federal government has convicted people of violations of civil rights claims that have had considerable prison sentences. In that case, however, you'd have to prove without a doubt that Zimmerman's motivations were racial. Might be hard, unless they can analyze that tape of the phone call and prove he said a racial slur. From what I understand, that part is a unclear on the tape.
    It is deffinitely there and very clear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL72w4xiTVU

This is George Zimmerman's 911 call. If you can't stomach to listen to the whole thing, listen to 2:20 to 2:24 and tell me what you hear.

Quote Originally Posted by t.c.johnson View Post
    It is deffinitely there and very clear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL72w4xiTVU

This is George Zimmerman's 911 call. If you can't stomach to listen to the whole thing, listen to 2:20 to 2:24 and tell me what you hear.
    Sounds like "fucking Coon"
    Is Zimmerman from the 1920s?

Trouble Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerjock View Post
    HOW THE HELL DOES A GROWN MAN CLAIM "SELF DEFENSE" FOR SHOOTING AN UNARMED CHILD.

Well, what's he supposed to say? "Gee, officer, I know I was specifically told not to confront this kid, but I have this law and order fetish and I really wanted to stick my nose in where it didn't belong. Plus, you know...he's black."

The sad thing is, Zimmerman will probably get away with nothing more than a slap on the wrist. Something like unlawful discharge of a firearm. He's the only one who knows what actually happened between him and Martin. If he says there was a struggle and he shot this kid in self defense, there's no one to contradict him.

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Well, what's he supposed to say? "Gee, officer, I know I was specifically told not to confront this kid, but I have this law and order fetish and I really wanted to stick my nose in where it didn't belong. Plus, you know...he's black."

The sad thing is, Zimmerman will probably get away with nothing more than a slap on the wrist. Something like unlawful discharge of a firearm. He's the only one who knows what actually happened between him and Martin. If he says there was a struggle and he shot this kid in self defense, there's no one to contradict him.
    Wrong, there's the tape and the fact that the child was unarmed. How is it self defense, when the kid only had a bag of skittles on him?

Quote Originally Posted by VenomMelendez View Post
    Wrong, there's the tape and the fact that the child was unarmed. How is it self defense, when the kid only had a bag of skittles on him?
    And the girlfriend's testimony that he was trying to get away from Zimmerman by walking quickly.

Trouble Boy

Quote Originally Posted by VenomMelendez View Post

I feel for the kid's friends and family, but an unarmed person can attack someone with a gun.

Check out this article by a former Chicago police officer. He explains, point by point, why Zimmerman hasn't been arrested and other facts in the case.

Quote Originally Posted by DonC

I feel for the kid's friends and family, but an unarmed person can attack someone with a gun.

Check out this article by a former Chicago police officer. He explains, point by point, why Zimmerman hasn't been arrested and other facts in the case.
    It's really hard to attack and run away from someone at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Treacle

It's really hard to attack and run away from someone at the same time.
    Or while screaming for help.

The reason Zimmerman hasn't been a arrested is because the cops are either doing a poor job or covering up a hate crime.