Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 327

Thread: Justice For Trayvon

  1. #21
    Gunsel
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Where it's too damn cold mosta the year
    Posts
    4,345

    Re: Justice For Trayvon

    I live in the boonies. I regularly hear wolves howling at night. And it is haunting and sometimes scary. I don't own a gun nor do I have a license to own one.

    I also don't call people to say there's wolves moving at the perimeter of my yard, ignore their advice to stay away from them, then go and provoke them and shoot them when I feel threatened.

  2. #22

    Re: Justice For Trayvon

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    The old Deep South rule of thumb is still in effect (and not just in the Deep South):

    If a black man kills a white man, that's murder.
    If a white man kills a black man, that's self defense.
    If a black man kills a black man, that's just one less n*****.
    You see this a lot in Mississippi with the sentences they give for murder depending on the players involved.

  3. #23
    Gunsel t.c.johnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    4,366

    Re: Justice For Trayvon

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrina View Post
    The Federal government has convicted people of violations of civil rights claims that have had considerable prison sentences. In that case, however, you'd have to prove without a doubt that Zimmerman's motivations were racial. Might be hard, unless they can analyze that tape of the phone call and prove he said a racial slur. From what I understand, that part is a unclear on the tape.
    It is deffinitely there and very clear.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL72w4xiTVU

    This is George Zimmerman's 911 call. If you can't stomach to listen to the whole thing, listen to 2:20 to 2:24 and tell me what you hear.

  4. #24

    Re: Justice For Trayvon

    Quote Originally Posted by t.c.johnson View Post
    It is deffinitely there and very clear.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL72w4xiTVU

    This is George Zimmerman's 911 call. If you can't stomach to listen to the whole thing, listen to 2:20 to 2:24 and tell me what you hear.
    Sounds like "fucking Coon"
    Is Zimmerman from the 1920s?

  5. #25
    Trouble Boy
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    678

    Re: Justice For Trayvon

    Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerjock View Post
    HOW THE HELL DOES A GROWN MAN CLAIM "SELF DEFENSE" FOR SHOOTING AN UNARMED CHILD.

    Well, what's he supposed to say? "Gee, officer, I know I was specifically told not to confront this kid, but I have this law and order fetish and I really wanted to stick my nose in where it didn't belong. Plus, you know...he's black."


    The sad thing is, Zimmerman will probably get away with nothing more than a slap on the wrist. Something like unlawful discharge of a firearm. He's the only one who knows what actually happened between him and Martin. If he says there was a struggle and he shot this kid in self defense, there's no one to contradict him.

  6. #26
    Right Guy VenomMelendez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    1,142

    Re: Justice For Trayvon

    Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Well, what's he supposed to say? "Gee, officer, I know I was specifically told not to confront this kid, but I have this law and order fetish and I really wanted to stick my nose in where it didn't belong. Plus, you know...he's black."


    The sad thing is, Zimmerman will probably get away with nothing more than a slap on the wrist. Something like unlawful discharge of a firearm. He's the only one who knows what actually happened between him and Martin. If he says there was a struggle and he shot this kid in self defense, there's no one to contradict him.
    Wrong, there's the tape and the fact that the child was unarmed. How is it self defense, when the kid only had a bag of skittles on him?

  7. #27
    Gunsel t.c.johnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    4,366

    Re: Justice For Trayvon

    Quote Originally Posted by VenomMelendez View Post
    Wrong, there's the tape and the fact that the child was unarmed. How is it self defense, when the kid only had a bag of skittles on him?
    And the girlfriend's testimony that he was trying to get away from Zimmerman by walking quickly.

  8. #28
    Trouble Boy
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    678

    Re: Justice For Trayvon

    Quote Originally Posted by VenomMelendez View Post
    Wrong, there's the tape and the fact that the child was unarmed. How is it self defense, when the kid only had a bag of skittles on him?

    I feel for the kid's friends and family, but an unarmed person can attack someone with a gun.

    Check out this article by a former Chicago police officer. He explains, point by point, why Zimmerman hasn't been arrested and other facts in the case.

  9. #29
    Sassy Molasses Treacle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    12,770
    Quote Originally Posted by DonC

    I feel for the kid's friends and family, but an unarmed person can attack someone with a gun.

    Check out this article by a former Chicago police officer. He explains, point by point, why Zimmerman hasn't been arrested and other facts in the case.
    It's really hard to attack and run away from someone at the same time.

  10. #30
    Right Guy VenomMelendez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Treacle

    It's really hard to attack and run away from someone at the same time.
    Or while screaming for help.

    The reason Zimmerman hasn't been a arrested is because the cops are either doing a poor job or covering up a hate crime.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •