BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 3 of 577 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: The Killing of Treyvon Martin

Re: The Killing of Treyvon Martin

I posted about this in the black people thread. Was surprised at the lack of responses.

Zimmerman had called police 46 times within the past year. Criminal justice major in college. Police imagery all over his facebook. Guy was an obsessed cop fanboy. This was going to happen to someone eventually, sadly.

modest minion

Zimmerman was obviously looking for trouble. I believe the 911 operator actually told him not to confront Martin.
    It's awful hearing that poor kid screaming and then the gunshot. Zimmerman needs to be put away for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Mortal

What would Martin had done differently? Not walk on a sidewalk minding his own business??
    Seriously. Talk about blaming the victim. If Trayvon had known that day that some tightly wound racist maniac with a gun was going to murder him he never would have left his Father's house to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by dasNdanger

You are absolutely right.

However, in this case you need to reverse the roles. If Treyvon was the neighborhood watch guy, and Zimmerman the kid minding his own business, then maybe a similar scenerio would be playing out.

(I say that with the niggling feeling that I am lying to myself.)

das
    No way. If a black man shot a teenage white kid in this manner (especially after being told to leave him alone) anywhere in America he would have been arrested on the spot and charged within a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirblar View Post
    Zimmerman had called police 46 times within the past year. Criminal justice major in college. Police imagery all over his facebook. Guy was an obsessed cop fanboy. This was going to happen to someone eventually, sadly.
    Yeah, this should have been a red flag to the police and a carry license revoked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Spock View Post
    I posted about this in the black people thread. Was surprised at the lack of responses.
    Honestly, I have really been trying not to talk about it because at the time I had talked about it in another group and 2 there wasn't a lot of info at the time when it was reported but now that some momentum has picked up and more info is available, I can tell you this. It would be a miscarriage of justice if this guy got off on this. It's not too much more to day that hasn't already been said but for 1, Zimmerman outweighed the boy by nearly 100 lbs, was clearly instructed to let the police handle it, and then he was a habitual 911 caller.
    Come see what Pop Culture Uncovered is all about.

Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”

Quote Originally Posted by Brad N. View Post
    No way. If a black man shot a teenage white kid in this manner (especially after being told to leave him alone) anywhere in America he would have been arrested on the spot and charged within a few days.
    Thus my 'niggling feeling that I was lying to myself'.

das

"niggling"....hehehehheheheheheheheheheheee

ya know, this kind of reminds me of that case not too many years ago about the Texas man (Joe Horn) that shot and killed 2 men that he saw robbing his neighbor's house.

...and cleared.
    Come see what Pop Culture Uncovered is all about.

Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”

Quote Originally Posted by afroloq View Post
    Honestly, I have really been trying not to talk about it because at the time I had talked about it in another group and 2 there wasn't a lot of info at the time when it was reported but now that some momentum has picked up and more info is available, I can tell you this. It would be a miscarriage of justice if this guy got off on this. It's not too much more to day that hasn't already been said but for 1, Zimmerman outweighed the boy by nearly 100 lbs, was clearly instructed to let the police handle it, and then he was a habitual 911 caller.
    Don't worry afroloq. You are one of the good ones, I knew where you would stand.