BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 2 of 577 FirstFirst 1234561252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: The Killing of Treyvon Martin

Re: The Killing of Treyvon Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Mortal View Post
    Zimmerman will be charged once the investigation finishes. Mainly because there is nothing to indicate that Martin was doing anything wrong for Zimmerman to have reason to confront him.
    Especially with the public outcry over this case.
    Join the Prime-Punch revolution!
    http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...ead.php?210786

Spoiler:

Buy The Gathering!

www.grayhavencomics.com

wannabe cop looking for trouble. that poor kid and his family. what was the shooter arrested for previously?

edit- Mr. Zimmerman, who is studying criminal justice, was arrested once in 2005 on charges of battery on a police officer and resisting arrest with violence. The charges were dropped.

Trayvon had no criminal record. He was suspended from his Miami high school for 10 days in February, which is the reason he was visiting his father. The family said the suspension was not for violent or criminal behavior but for a violation of school policy

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Mortal
    And some people are going to ask: "Well why did Martin run away?"

If I'm walking along at night, minding my business and see some dude in an unmarked car following me, then getting out of the car WITH A GUN, I'm running.
    Seriously. What was the kid supposed to do, stand there? If I ever have kids, I'm not going to tell them to allow strangers to just confront them and not try to run home as fast as they can.

This already sets a bad precedent when it comes to what is allowed. I forget if the "Stand Your Ground" law is a Florida law or just a local one, but it's fucking terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by HOOKS View Post
    Seriously. What was the kid supposed to do, stand there? If I ever have kids, I'm not going to tell them to allow strangers to just confront them and not try to run home as fast as they can.

This already sets a bad precedent when it comes to what is allowed. I forget if the "Stand Your Ground" law is a Florida law or just a local one, but it's fucking terrible.
    If a (very well written) reddit post is to believed, it won't hold up in court as a defense because Zimmerman initiated the confrontation. (Unless they get a judge as equally screwed up as the local PD.) http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/com...d_up_dead_the/

modest minion

the stand your ground law is a florida one.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/.../0776.013.html

considering going out to the protest today. (I live in Sanford.)
    Quote Originally Posted by BriRedfern View Post
    In my opinion only an asshole could really have and share that opinion in public.

GODFATHER
    The police chief is an asshole who just keeps making it worse. Yesterday he said if "Zimmerman could relive that day he would do things differently. And Trayvon would too". I hope after Zimmerman is charged with 2nd degree murder they fire this clown.

The problem is more and more of these rightwing gun nut laws are popping up and sadly stories like this will get to be more common and any opposition is met with "Obama wants to take away your guns, patriots!"

Sickos. Here in liberal MN our legislature recently tried to pass a bill that extended the conceal and carry and Texas style "castle law" to your car, a hotel room, a boat, and a tent. One small step from Florida's law.

Tragic, my heart goes out to his family.

I hope justice is served.

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Foolish Mortal's Avatar

"Zimmerman could relive that day he would do things differently. And Trayvon would too".
    What would Martin had done differently? Not walk on a sidewalk minding his own business??
    Sites that may or may not interest you..

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Mortal View Post
    What would Martin had done differently? Not walk on a sidewalk minding his own business??
    He probably would have not been a young black dude on that day.

I'm just saying, if given a choice with hindsight being what it is.

If Treyvon shot Zimmerman, he would have been detained on the spot.
    You are absolutely right.

However, in this case you need to reverse the roles. If Treyvon was the neighborhood watch guy, and Zimmerman the kid minding his own business, then maybe a similar scenerio would be playing out.

(I say that with the niggling feeling that I am lying to myself.)

das