Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ok, I haven't seen the Tin Tin flick yet, but....

Hybrid View

Gunsel

Ok, I haven't seen the Tin Tin flick yet, but....

I saw a Twitter post above from Gail that menions characters from Johnny Quest and started wondering....

Should a Johnny Quest movie be done in the same vein? Might it be cool?

PS, if trashing Tin Tin, please put spoiler flags as I plan to watch it this weekend.

Re: Ok, I haven't seen the Tin Tin flick yet, but....

But Race is dead and Johnny's a junkie...

So, The Venture Brothers made it into the first response. I was actually wondering how long that would take.
    Life is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get a heck of a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by JBK405 View Post
    So, The Venture Brothers made it into the first response. I was actually wondering how long that would take.
    The Venture Brothers probably belong in every response. I really miss that show.

As to a Jonny Quest update, I'm kind of torn. I think if it were to be done, it would have to be by someone who has the same passion Spielberg does for Tintin as opposed to "hey, here's a nostalgia property, let's try giving it a big screen update." No idea if he is a fan of the series or not, but my immediate thought for someone who could make an awesome Jonny Quest is Brad Bird. The main thing I would hope someone would shy away from is any sort of tongue-in-cheek mocking references to how dated certain elements of the show are or joking about Race and Benton being parents together. I want to see the super science and action being taken seriously, albeit in a kid friendly manner.

Oh, and of course Race is one of the boys parents, I just don't think a poking fun at the background of the show approach is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    The Venture Brothers probably belong in every response. I really miss that show.

As to a Jonny Quest update, I'm kind of torn. I think if it were to be done, it would have to be by someone who has the same passion Spielberg does for Tintin as opposed to "hey, here's a nostalgia property, let's try giving it a big screen update." No idea if he is a fan of the series or not, but my immediate thought for someone who could make an awesome Jonny Quest is Brad Bird. The main thing I would hope someone would shy away from is any sort of tongue-in-cheek mocking references to how dated certain elements of the show are or joking about Race and Benton being parents together. I want to see the super science and action being taken seriously, albeit in a kid friendly manner.
    Better yet, have Race and Benton be Johnny's dads in an honest and straightforward manner. Some adults would freak but kids are pretty aware of that kind of stuff these days.

Quote Originally Posted by The Funketeer View Post
    Better yet, have Race and Benton be Johnny's dads in an honest and straightforward manner. Some adults would freak but kids are pretty aware of that kind of stuff these days.
    They don't have to be gay to function as two dads. Dr. Quest is obsessed with his work and neglectful of his family, which explains the mom's absence. Race, who was hired as mechanic and general assistant, took one look at the situation and decided somebody had to be a dad to this kid, so he stepped up and did the job.

They could be gay, but the fact is I don't remember there ever being a single scene of the two men showing the slightest regard or affection for one another. Doc barks orders, Race does whatever is needed, but I don't see any attraction between them. The only thing that connects them is the kid.

I'd *LOVE* to see a well done Johnny Quest movie or even revival of the TV show. Watching the Venture Brothers makes me miss it even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    PS, if trashing Tin Tin, please put spoiler flags as I plan to watch it this weekend.
    It was a really fun movie and i have not seen anyone actually say anything bad about it.

I have seen a lot of "I have no interest in a movie about a weird european comicbook character" followed by "I fucking loved it" after they saw it

I loved Tin Tin, one of the best movies of the year for me. The animation was great, the story was good, the characters were spot-on.

I would love to see a Johnny Quest movie get a similarly fond and faithful treatment with modern takes on the classic music from the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Shurato2099 View Post
    I loved Tin Tin, one of the best movies of the year for me. The animation was great, the story was good, the characters were spot-on.

I would love to see a Johnny Quest movie get a similarly fond and faithful treatment with modern takes on the classic music from the show.
    The opening theme is all kinds of awesome. I'd want it completely left alone.