Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OMG! "Game Change" was amazing!

Banned

OMG! "Game Change" was amazing!

This had some of the best acting I've seen in a HBO production ever. From Julianne Moore to Ed Harris to Sarah Paulson to Woody Harrelson -- wow.

And it's been fascinating to watch both Schmidt and Wallace talk about this film over the past few days. I clearly don't agree with them politically, but they know what they're talking about. They've been involved in campaign after campaign.
    Spoilers:
    Nicole didn't even vote for the McCain/Palin ticket. Ouch.

This was amazing. It both made me feel sorry for Sarah, and despise her at the same time. She's obviously a narcissist, but she was torn apart by people who weren't prepared to deal with her. It was ugly on both sides.

What a film, though.

Re: OMG! "Game Change" was amazing!

Okay...

I've debated this with a friend or two but, sure, Sarah Pallin is attractive. But she keeps getting played by women who are ungodly attractive, even by celebrity standards, at least as far as I'm concerned.

Well, Andy Samburg played her on SNL this last weekend, offsetting that some.

Sure, people tend to get played by more attractive actors in the movies. But Pallin has been played by women who I find, I dunno, super-charismatic. And they're using that midwest-to-Dakota range of accents, which I find attractive. But I don't find Pallin that attractive. I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    Sure, people tend to get played by more attractive actors in the movies. But Pallin has been played by women who I find, I dunno, super-charismatic. And they're using that midwest-to-Dakota range of accents, which I find attractive. But I don't find Pallin that attractive. I don't get it.

Because her epic levels of stupidity combined with the pride she takes in her ignorance and anti-intellectualism is skin crawlingly unattractive.

I'm glad to hear it was good. I saw a clip they played and it looked like they had made Sarah Palin almost comically-stupid in the film, like to the point of parody. I was expecting a black comedy or something.

Gunsel

Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerjock View Post
    I'm glad to hear it was good. I saw a clip they played and it looked like they had made Sarah Palin almost comically-stupid in the film, like to the point of parody. I was expecting a black comedy or something.
    Sounds more like a documentary, then.

Nyuk-nyuk.

Pat, the thing is that Palin isn't graded in a vacuum, but on a curve. In general she's "attractive," but when compared to many other women in politics she's right near the extreme top of the pyramid at "OMG SMOKIN!!!" It's not because she's really that hot, just that she's that much hoter than the other women in her field.
    Life is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get a heck of a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerjock View Post
    Did you not see any of her interviews, including the Couric one?

She is very stupid.

Gunsel

Hot or not?

Not. Just....not.
    Life is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get a heck of a ride.

You all know that is not her body, right? Ok, j ust making sure.