KellySue Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: DeConnick and the Captain

Re: DeConnick and the Captain

This is awesome. I was really hoping Carol would get her own ongoing again but this is even better. Love the new costume!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Sue View Post
    This is one of my favourite things that Jamie has drawn. LOVE IT SO MUCH!!

Kaz

SO EXCITED for this title! I am loving everything that I'm hearing about it! I originally joined this forum years ago because I was a big fan of Reed's work on the 2nd Ms. Marvel series and no offense to Mr. Reed intended, I am much more looking forward to this title. I think more because the title Brian worked on is what really introduced me to Ms. Marvel and got to fall in love with Carol Danvers and this title seems like it's going to be the perfect evolution for the character that is long overdue.

Especially looking forward to the new/old villains. Did anyone else see in Kelly's CBR interview she reminded everyone that Mystique was originally introduced in the 1st Ms. Marvel series? So much looking forward to this series, I have high hopes mainly due to the fact I think Kelly really gets Carol as a character.

It's kinda freaky cause a lot of things have been kinda down in my life lately and I feel like Marvel and Kelly read my mind as far as one of the titles I'd been wishing for since the last series ended.

EDIT: Forgot to say how much I LOVE the costume. I liked the old one, but it really did need some serious updating IMO. I always felt kinda nervous trying to possibly introduce some of my non-comic reading friends to Ms. Marvel cause the bathing suit costume was always awkward to me. I like the haircut too, and I wish it that short in the interior pages. This is a costume I would be comfortable cosplaying and not having anyone confused as to whether the character is a superhero or not.

Anyway again really looking forward to Captain Marvel and I hope the WWII propaganda inspired poster style covers stay for a least the first 50 issues.
    Last edited by Rogue151; 03-18-2012 at 12:21 PM. Reason: adding info

From this interview [http://geek-news.mtv.com/2012/03/18/...ue-deconnick/] on MTV Geek:

"Buy it if you love wonder. Buy it if you ever held your daddy's (or your mommy's) hand at an air show. If you ever watched a shuttle launch with a tear in your eye. If you know who the Mercury 13 are. If you recognize the name Fifinella...

Buy it if you ever dreamed you could fly."

Well then, I'll be buying this book, shall I? Nice work Ms KS, very excited.

N

PS - Dismayed that I didn't know Fifinella. Rectified!

3 out of 4 aren't too bad. Must research Mercury 13.

Quote Originally Posted by beamish View Post
    Must research Mercury 13.
    Bring tissues.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue151 View Post
    SO EXCITED for this title! I am loving everything that I'm hearing about it! I originally joined this forum years ago because I was a big fan of Reed's work on the 2nd Ms. Marvel series and no offense to Mr. Reed intended, I am much more looking forward to this title. I think more because the title Brian worked on is what really introduced me to Ms. Marvel and got to fall in love with Carol Danvers and this title seems like it's going to be the perfect evolution for the character that is long overdue.

Especially looking forward to the new/old villains. Did anyone else see in Kelly's CBR interview she reminded everyone that Mystique was originally introduced in the 1st Ms. Marvel series? So much looking forward to this series, I have high hopes mainly due to the fact I think Kelly really gets Carol as a character.

It's kinda freaky cause a lot of things have been kinda down in my life lately and I feel like Marvel and Kelly read my mind as far as one of the titles I'd been wishing for since the last series ended.

EDIT: Forgot to say how much I LOVE the costume. I liked the old one, but it really did need some serious updating IMO. I always felt kinda nervous trying to possibly introduce some of my non-comic reading friends to Ms. Marvel cause the bathing suit costume was always awkward to me. I like the haircut too, and I wish it that short in the interior pages. This is a costume I would be comfortable cosplaying and not having anyone confused as to whether the character is a superhero or not.

Anyway again really looking forward to Captain Marvel and I hope the WWII propaganda inspired poster style covers stay for a least the first 50 issues.
    Thank you so much. I'm glad you're here.

Quote Originally Posted by nickellis View Post
    PS - Dismayed that I didn't know Fifinella. Rectified!
    Fraction commissioned Colleen Coover to do a Fifinella for me for my birthday last year. It's so lovely. I'll see if I've got a photo of it somewhere.

Took a bike ride up to my local comic shop to make sure that this was added to my pull. This is by far the series I'm most excited for in the coming year. Everything I've read so far in interviews is really winning me over.

My wife isn't a big comic fan. She reads the Walking Dead and I got her into Scarlet, but that's been it so far. She's a personal trainer and she's going to college to work with children in school fitness programs. Or at least try to get some schools to actually start some fitness programs. So I'm excited to toss this her way as well. She's always looking for things that put strong independant women out there to show younger girls that they can be just as badass if not more than the boys. I'll also be mentioning the Mercury 13 to her as well.

Really looking forward to it.

Grifter

KS, you know you ARE turning Susan into a comics reader. Step by step. Inch by inch. This is another title she wants me to pick up so she can check it out. Since I was going to do that anyway, it's a win for both of us.

Also, thanks for spreading the word about the Mercury 13. It's a story that so few know about.