Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Issue 7 of Justice League International piss anybody off?

Did Issue 7 of Justice League International piss anybody off?

I don't know, I know drama is needed and bad things need to happen to our heroes, but didn't this seem like overkill?...given that we're just 7 issues in?

I mean half the team is down, Rocket Red is dead (which I hope is a red herring given what happened last issue) Briggs and his assistant are dead, Ice might be crippled, and the UN are being idiots (as usual) and blaming the JLI's presence for this attack and making them disband.

Good freaking lord DC YOU ARE NOT F@#$@#ING MARVEL! YOU DON'T NEED TO TAKE A MASSIVE DUMP ON YOUR CHARACTERS EVERY 5 ISSUES! THAT'S THE REASON I DON'T READ A LOT OF MARVEL!

ugh.... This whole issue might be a red herring. Rocket Red may be revived by...whatever zapped him in the last issue, Ice might be fine. Still I'm kind of annoyed that is seems like DC is trying to emulate Marvel's dark, jaded, and cynical universe. That's just pissing me off.

Re: Did Issue 7 of Justice League International piss anybody off?

I think it was a good issue, but damn, I was shocked.

Ice will probably recover, but they seemed to imply Vixen was paralyzed.

I'm pretty sure Rocket Red was a red herring, like you said, because they just started a new plotline with him.
    Join the Prime-Punch revolution!
    http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...ead.php?210786

Spoiler:

Buy The Gathering!

www.grayhavencomics.com

I'm pretty sure Vixen's powers should make it impossible for her to be paralyzed, but they also had the girl named "Fire" suffering from burns, so I don't know how much that sort of thing is going to be cared about.

If Rocket Red is a fakeout, I'm dropping this book. If you're going to go for drama, at least have the balls to do it for real.
    Current Favorite DC Book: Calendar of Small Events
    Current Favorite Marvel Book: Hawkeye

Quote Originally Posted by Hugin View Post
    I'm pretty sure Vixen's powers should make it impossible for her to be paralyzed, but they also had the girl named "Fire" suffering from burns, so I don't know how much that sort of thing is going to be cared about.

If Rocket Red is a fakeout, I'm dropping this book. If you're going to go for drama, at least have the balls to do it for real.
    Personally, I'd rather have a lot more fakeouts than have great characters killed off for drama.

Spoiler:

Buy The Gathering!

www.grayhavencomics.com

I haven't read this issue yet...that doesn't sound like Dan Jurgens, somehow. Hope it's a fake out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Simone View Post
    I haven't read this issue yet...that doesn't sound like Dan Jurgens, somehow. Hope it's a fake out.
    I really hope it is, Rocket Red and Ice are my favorite characters on the team, I'd hate to think that he's dead and dear Ice just got Barbra Gordon-ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantomskyler View Post
    I really hope it is, Rocket Red and Ice are my favorite characters on the team, I'd hate to think that he's dead and dear Ice just got Barbra Gordon-ed.
    Ice just had broken legs. I doubt her injuries will be anything long-term.

Spoiler:

Buy The Gathering!

www.grayhavencomics.com

I can see it being used to isolate Booster, put him on the spot and force him to step up as the leader Batman keeps saying he is/can be. But, that said, it ignores the nuances of certain power sets, makes the U.N. look like a bunch of short-sighted ass-hats (just like every governmental body in the DCnU, it seems) and poked at my 'pointless character death' button several times in one go. I hope that Gavril's death is a fake-out but for a while now my trust for most writers with that sort of thing is very low: I laid into Nicieza when he went there with Yera and Gates in the very first issue of LL.

Yera and Gates are both back, so there's that.

Yera and Gates are back, Wanda is back to (more or less) normal although it looks like she's still being used as a plot-hook with legs; all to the good ... still something of a raw nerve, though.