Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bye bye "Terra Nova"

Hybrid View

bye bye "Terra Nova"

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/06/showbi...tml?hpt=hp_bn4

after weeks of teasing, will they or won't they?. . Fox pulled the trigger on Spielberg's mess this morning.

Honestly, I thought after a sorta-strong opening, it got WAY to cutesey, and simply didn't work as what it was intended to be.

it was coming across as a poor rip-off of "Earth2" to me (and that wasn't exactly a great show to start with!).

I was only watching "Terra Nova" because Nick really liked it . . so it was one of the few we watch together (the others being "Family Guy" "Walking Dead" "Survivor" and "Falling Skies" (another one I don't *love* but he likes it and i can tolerate it .

anyways. . .Fox finally decided to Cancel.

too bad that the show actually had potential, and they squandered it on cutesy stories focused on the littlest kid.
    "do what bert says" - Flamestar (c/o Ouzo Man)

A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

Re: bye bye "Terra Nova"

Yeah, the premise was excellent, and they had the resources to make it good, but they really didn't do anything with all of that.
    Current Favorite DC Book: Calendar of Small Events
    Current Favorite Marvel Book: Hawkeye

Spielberg can't spin everything he touches into gold?

I couldn't get into it. Dropped it after the first or second episode. I think they're problem was that they spent too much time hyping the fx which were good for TV but not as good as people were expecting I think.

Loved the concept, really wanted this to be good but the episodes I saw were just bad. The Only reason the little girl existed was so that the older girl could think out loud.... That alone bugged the hell out of me. If they would have fixed that I could have seen liking the show more.

It was just one of those things I don't think could be made to work on a TV budget, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerjock View Post
    It was just one of those things I don't think could be made to work on a TV budget, to be honest.
    The problem wasn't FX, which were decent, but writing. They burned plots that could last a season in 44 minutes and they focused a lot more on the drama than on the world. The world was what mattered, the family could all burn for all I cared.
    Current Favorite DC Book: Calendar of Small Events
    Current Favorite Marvel Book: Hawkeye

Banned

This was a show that I *wanted* to like. But after a few episodes it sort of dropped off of my radar. If it doesn't immediately grab me these days, it's gone. I watch too many shows, as it is.

I do hope, though, for the fans and the people involved that they find a new home. Just because I don't like it doesn't mean that others don't.

It was getting good ratings, especially in the 18-49 demo... it was just too expensive.

But, this should free up schedule space for another singing competition show. There are still so many washed-up rock stars out there who haven't yet been hired as judges.
    "Fascism should rightly be called Corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power." --Benito Mussolini

"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and to bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    It was getting good ratings, especially in the 18-49 demo... it was just too expensive.

But, this should free up schedule space for another singing competition show. There are still so many washed-up rock stars out there who haven't yet been hired as judges.
    That's the thing. Fox has less hours of prime time per week, due to ending at 10 instead of 11. And how many of those hours are taken up by AI?

They've pretty much given up on scripted shows, from what I can tell. There are a couple, but that's it.