Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Can someone explain Ke$ha to me, please?

Re: Can someone explain Ke$ha to me, please?

Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post
    nope.

she lost me less than 30 seconds in when she lumps "Ke-dollarsign-HA!" in with Britney and Gaga as "vapid Blonde pop stars" (and that the video link appears to show Christina in "Lady Marmalade" implies she would lump Christina in as well).
    Actually she compares and contrast them, and does actually compliment Gaga and Christina on their talents, and uses Lady Gaga pre fame footage to show how good she really is at her job, and she agrees with you that Britney can't sing.

Please Bert, please don't tell me that you only gave Nostalgia Chick 30 seconds of you time to decide on her entire argument and observations. Linkara vouches for her, so please give her a chance, and hear her out. Don't pretend you don't have the 10 or so minutes to kill, you've already done that surfing these forums.

"You really can't ignore Bendis, especially when he shoots you in the face with a sniper rifle in Call of Duty." ~Brubaker

Quote Originally Posted by Stressfactor View Post
    Gaga can afford the image though because she's also actually got the pipes to back it up. And she can play as well.
    Yeah, I remember seeing that video on BoingBoing a while back, and her talent is what makes me wonder if there's more to the image than just what's on the surface. Was just doing a contrast and compare between GaGa and Ke$ha: GaGa has enough going on where I can ponder her image and its potential substance and a possible message; Ke$ha is transparent music and a transparent image, and that's all.
    Movie news, features, reviews, and miscellany: My work at Flixist
    Movie reviews and criticism: My stuff on CriticWire

Join us. Resistance is futile.
    Change your default settings.

Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post
    nope.

she lost me less than 30 seconds in when she lumps "Ke-dollarsign-HA!" in with Britney and Gaga as "vapid Blonde pop stars" (and that the video link appears to show Christina in "Lady Marmalade" implies she would lump Christina in as well).

difference between this:

and the others?

the others have TALENT to back up the image. . she is just a. . . . . . yechhh.

that's the best way I can put it.
    Except you've fallen prey to our modern inability to give a slightly longer argument a chance because not much further in she details why Gaga (and Christina Aguilera too) ARE different, even while engaging part of the same mindset in viewers. Britney and $-Ha ARE equated though, and I think fairly.
    Last edited by Spiffy; 03-06-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffy View Post
    Except you've fallen prey to our modern inability to given a slightly longer argument a chance because not much further in she details why Gaga (and Christina Aquilera too) ARE different, even while engaging part of the same mindset in viewers. Britney and $-Ha ARE equated though, and I think fairly.
    Plus part of her point is that Christina and Gaga don't HAVE to play the kinds of games other singers like Kesha play because they have the chops to stand on their own while Kesha only had gimicks.
    A.K.A. Lailoni Prime Vesta (courtesy of Tom Stillwell)

My blog of random and often geeky things -- Compound Geekery!

Riding the rollercoaster at Six Flags over Armageddon

Banned

Except you've fallen prey to our modern inability to given a slightly longer argument a chance because not much further in she details why Gaga (and Christina Aquilera too) ARE different, even while engaging part of the same mindset in viewers. Britney and $-Ha ARE equated though, and I think fairly.
    I've gotta take issue with your equating of Brit-Brit and Ke$ha. I still think Britney has provided some entertainment -- and no, I don't mean that kind -- to people in general. She can still, or at one time could still put on one hell of a show.

fair enough.

(and since you, and Tyr, and Stressfactor all said the same thing, I guess I should have given it a bit more time). But Tyr is wrong, I really DON'T have 10 minutes to waste on watching a youtube video
    "do what bert says" - Flamestar (c/o Ouzo Man)

A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

Banned

Except you've fallen prey to our modern inability to give a slightly longer argument a chance because not much further in she details why Gaga (and Christina Aguilera too) ARE different, even while engaging part of the same mindset in viewers. Britney and $-Ha ARE equated though, and I think fairly.
    Do NOT make me Britney-Video-Bomb you!

Actually she said that Britney isn't really that good at singing, however she's more accessible, and its easier to sing along to a Britney song then a Christina one, even if both songs are equally devoid of any real message. Ke$ha's work on the other hand is full of moronic and potentially damaging double standards. Nostalgia Chick has a no real beef with Britney these days, but takes issue with Ke$ha, and to some extent that one Katy Perry song.

"You really can't ignore Bendis, especially when he shoots you in the face with a sniper rifle in Call of Duty." ~Brubaker

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr View Post
    Actually she said that Britney isn't really that good at singing, however she's more accessible, and its easier to sing along to a Britney song then a Christina one, even if both songs are equally devoid of any real message. Ke$ha's work on the other hand is full of moronic and potentially damaging double standards. Nostalgia Chick has a no real beef with Britney these days, but takes issue with Ke$ha, and to some extent that one Katy Perry song.
    But Katy Perry is cute and she is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison_Lad View Post
    But Katy Perry is cute and she is funny.
    Like I said, her beef is that one song that is full of homosexual slurs.

Me, not a fan of hers save for E.T. and thats because I'm a fan of the Mass Effect franchise and getting my Captain Kirk on.