BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 878 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 378778828868874875876877878879880881882888928978 ... LastLast
Results 8,771 to 8,780 of 10003

Thread: Plooky Night Live (and the Not RK for TIP Thread Players) with your host F. Myles Ron

Re: Plooky Night Live (and the Not RK for TIP Thread Players) with your host F. Myles

Hey, I know! Let's take all the actual smashing ,punching and ,y'know, fights and stuff out of our comic where the entire premise is that one team fights another, that way we can make room for more tired exposition, posturing and repetitious dialogue, meanwhile we'll put all those fights in a separate title!! Fucking genius!

*Actually, having now read #1 of Versus, I can officially state that there is far more fun to be had in that single issue than there has been in the 3 issues thus-far of AvX proper.

Plus, Kubert and Immonen art!

AvX -
    Versus -

Re: Plooky Night Live (and the Not RK for TIP Thread Players) with your host F. Myles

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Funny spoilery clip from Avengers..

Spoiler:

Niiiice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy-Klone View Post
    First draft of TIP's eulogy:
    "And so we commit this hairy man to the ground. Like his beloved Cerebus, TIP passed from this mortal coil two issues sooner than we'd have preferred. We were never promised those final two issues. Life, like Sim, can be utterly indecipherable."

Quote Originally Posted by Your pal, Jim View Post
    I wouldn't say American Barbarian had a cliffhanger ending. You (and the character) KNOW what happened, you just didn't SEE it happen. Like the end of Blade Runner, or Memento.
    Spoiler:
    The Matchstick Man came to live and tubed Sean Young while the Owl watched?
    "And so we commit this hairy man to the ground. Like his beloved Cerebus, TIP passed from this mortal coil two issues sooner than we'd have preferred. We were never promised those final two issues. Life, like Sim, can be utterly indecipherable."

Quote Originally Posted by WillieLee View Post
    The worst part about family members dying is getting there before someone takes the good stuff.
    The best may/may not be hugs from perky almost-16 year old girlfriend of so-and-so's cousin.

Quote Originally Posted by TIP View Post
    Niiiice.
    That clip plus another Hulk moment got the two biggest laughs of the film from the audience I was in.
    That said (and Green Penis), there were only maybe 30 people total in my 280-seat screening, as I go to the earliest possible showing specifically for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactusakic View Post
    That clip plus another Hulk moment got the two biggest laughs of the film from the audience I was in.
    That said (and Green Penis), there were only maybe 30 people total in my 280-seat screening, as I go to the earliest possible showing specifically for that reason.
    Man, it's going to be REAL tough to find a showing with an unpacked theater over the next week or two. As much as I like having some 'room to spread out' (dick in the popcorn, Mister Rourke...non-Herve-Fancier) I doubt I'll be able to wait that long to see The Avengers (7 or 8 year old TIP has blown through 10 pairs of Imaginary Husky Pants in anticipation of this film).

Quote Originally Posted by St.- View Post
    Didn't even know these existed untill I saw a star wars one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacit...lectronic_Disc
    High-Denisty Groove System!

!!!

Man, it's going to be REAL tough to find a showing with an unpacked theater over the next week or two. As much as I like having some 'room to spread out' (dick in the popcorn, Mister Rourke...non-Herve-Fancier) I doubt I'll be able to wait that long to see The Avengers (7 or 8 year old TIP has blown through 10 pairs of Imaginary Husky Pants in anticipation of this film).
    Dunno if things like this work the same in the US as they do here, but seriously, try my way.
    Go to the earliest possible screening on the first weekday that it's out.

The late-afternoon and evening screenings are all sold out here, but the matinee/daytime screenings are empty, because people are either at school/work or they are too damn lazy to drag their butts to the theatre at that time of the morning.

My showing was 10.50am on day of release and, like I said, there were maybe 30 people in an almost 300-seat screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactusakic View Post
    Dunno if things like this work the same in the US as they do here, but seriously, try my way.
    Go to the earliest possible screening on the first weekday that it's out.

The late-afternoon and evening screenings are all sold out here, but the matinee/daytime screenings are empty, because people are either at school/work or they are too damn lazy to drag their butts to the theatre at that time of the morning.

My showing was 10.50am on day of release and, like I said, there were maybe 30 people in an almost 300-seat screen.

That would probably work.

Hurm.

The best may/may not be hugs from perky almost-16 year old girlfriend of so-and-so's cousin.

Who (apparently) doesn't have her picture privacy settings locked down on FaceySpacey!

Dirty Old Cyber Tom here.