BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 861 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 361761811851857858859860861862863864865871911961 ... LastLast
Results 8,601 to 8,610 of 10003

Thread: Plooky Night Live (and the Not RK for TIP Thread Players) with your host F. Myles Ron

Re: Plooky Night Live (and the Not RK for TIP Thread Players) with your host F. Myles

Tit-TAYSS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy-Klone View Post
    First draft of TIP's eulogy:
    "And so we commit this hairy man to the ground. Like his beloved Cerebus, TIP passed from this mortal coil two issues sooner than we'd have preferred. We were never promised those final two issues. Life, like Sim, can be utterly indecipherable."

It's only a peninsula if you look at it from space.

Re: Plooky Night Live (and the Not RK for TIP Thread Players) with your host F. Myles

Quote Originally Posted by Cactusakic View Post
    In other news, I fear that Avengers may have ruined ScarJo for me.

Not because of any fault with Avengers, but because she was SO hot in the film, that now she looks plain in her other works.

I'm currently watching Scoop, which I have seen and enjoyed before, and I am utterly without woody.
    Oh?

So I guess that means I'm going to fall harder for her than ever.

I can live with that.

Question and you can put it in spoilers. When they are in the room where Steve goes off on Tony about what it makes him? Do they keep Scarlett's shrug that shows up in the trailers? And do they fix that intro scene where the back of her head connects to the guy's face?

So out of the Wave 2 books for the DCnU, which ones do everyone think will be the ones to watch and which will you just think should be pointed and laughed at and not be given your hard earned money?

Quote Originally Posted by Drkemerld73 View Post
    Oh?

So I guess that means I'm going to fall harder for her than ever.

I can live with that.

Question and you can put it in spoilers. When they are in the room where Steve goes off on Tony about what it makes him? Do they keep Scarlett's shrug that shows up in the trailers? And do they fix that intro scene where the back of her head connects to the guy's face?
    Spoiler:
    In both cases: not that I noticed.

So out of the Wave 2 books for the DCnU, which ones do everyone think will be the ones to watch and which will you just think should be pointed and laughed at and not be given your hard earned money?
    Dial H is pretty much the only one that has my attention.

I'll read the first issue of all of them, naturally, but I'd be surprised if I find myself buying anything other than Dial H.

Spoiler:
    In both cases: not that I noticed.
    Awww. I liked that shrug and nod of "yeah that sounds about right".

Dial H is pretty much the only one that has my attention.

I'll read the first issue of all of them, naturally, but I'd be surprised if I find myself buying anything other than Dial H.
    Is the concept any good in the previous incarnations? It seems like it will be the tougher sell to me.

Awww. I liked that shrug and nod of "yeah that sounds about right".
    Spoiler:
    I'm not saying for sure that it's gone, just that I didn't notice it.
    Although my eyes were drawn to her 90% of the time she was on screen, there were moments where I was looking elsewhere and that happened to be one of them.

Is the concept any good in the previous incarnations? It seems like it will be the tougher sell to me.
    I don't believe I have ever read any of the previous versions.
    One of the others here might be able to answer that though.
    Actually, I think I picked up a random issue of the mid-00s version (which I believe was the last incarnation of the book), but it left no lasting impression.

Great post!

I'm not connecting to the New DC at all. Having said that...

World's Finest has art by Perez and Maguire, so that's a must buy for me.

Earth-2 is by Robinson, who was a favorite of mine 15 years ago but now is almost toxic. The artist is OK. But I love Earth-2 stuff and it's Robinson's former forté, so I'm in.

Batman Incorporated of course!

Dial H, man, I don't go for gimmicky writers at all... but this looks so bizarre it must be a mistake. I have to check it out.

G.I. Combat, well, it's got Ariel Olivetti art on the War That Time Forgot. That's something, but not enough to get me to buy it.

Ravagers? Oh my no, even though Ian Churchill is capable of reinventing himself at times. But still, no way on Earth!

And whatever happened to that National Comics anthology title?

The 60's stuff is cheesy fun. And the 80's stuff was not great but fun enough I suppose. There was an issue of Plastic Man in the 70s that had a great Dial H For Hero story! Robbie Reed grows up and turns evil! And the H-dial is all rusty! Freaked me out as an 8-year old! Robbie spins the dial and becomes Plastic Man!

But!

I liked the 00's run by Will Pfiefer and Kano! It wasn't super awesome or anything but it was a solid sleeper run that I liked as it was coming out.