BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 512 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 12412462502508509510511512513514515516522562612 ... LastLast
Results 5,111 to 5,120 of 10003

Thread: Plooky Night Live (and the Not RK for TIP Thread Players) with your host F. Myles Ron

Re: Plooky Night Live (and the Not RK for TIP Thread Players) with your host F. Myles

Quote Originally Posted by TIP View Post
    True Story:

In the mid/late 70s I convinced my folks that I was afraid of the dark so I could have a night light (to read to). Eventually this led to them letting me have a TV in my room to have on to Sleep To; which leads to all of my late night TV watching (and being fortunate to catch Dave from his first late night show forward...I had seen his Morning TV show early).

I suckered my parents into a tv early on as well, plus my older brother had one already anyway. I had seen the morning show. But I watched Carson every night by middle school years, and most nights even started to watch Tom Snyder on Tomorrow which followed, until falling asleep. Then one Tuesday night there was something called Late Night with David Letterman there instead. I saw probably 90 plus percent on his shows from then on over the next decade through high school and college and my early 20's. That was the stuff.

Re: Plooky Night Live (and the Not RK for TIP Thread Players) with your host F. Myles

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSparker View Post
    I suckered my parents into a tv early on as well, plus my older brother had one already anyway. I had seen the morning show. But I watched Carson every night by middle school years, and most nights even started to watch Tom Snyder on Tomorrow which followed, until falling asleep. Then one Tuesday night there was something called Late Night with David Letterman there instead. I saw probably 90 plus percent on his shows from then on over the next decade through high school and college and my early 20's. That was the stuff.
    :thunb:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy-Klone View Post
    First draft of TIP's eulogy:
    "And so we commit this hairy man to the ground. Like his beloved Cerebus, TIP passed from this mortal coil two issues sooner than we'd have preferred. We were never promised those final two issues. Life, like Sim, can be utterly indecipherable."

The only D's I saw in High School were of the Tit-TAYSS variety.
    Hoi polloi.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieLee View Post
    Hoi polloi.
    "And so we commit this hairy man to the ground. Like his beloved Cerebus, TIP passed from this mortal coil two issues sooner than we'd have preferred. We were never promised those final two issues. Life, like Sim, can be utterly indecipherable."

Sy After Dark.

Cinemax Sy: Held together loosely with the barest inkling of a plot and lots of naughty bits.

Sy After Dark.

Cinemax Sy: Held together loosely with the barest inkling of a plot and lots of naughty bits.
    Do they still play Shannon Tweed movies?

"WOOOOOOOT! Rob Petrie just defused a fight between his and Laura's parents over where they're going to be buried! WOOOOOO!" *throws ottoman*
    "Scully didn't go watch Luther Lee Boggs get executed and get that message from her dad! Her dad was cremated! WOOOOOOO! WOOOO WOOOO!"

Yep. Old Dave, man...that was the Stuff.
    I find it really hard to watch current Dave, especially after being reminded of clips like these.

Ginger McFailballs, Private Eye Magnum V.I.'s Avatar

No, but if you watch a Kiss concert you see enough of Shannon when Gene sticks his tongue out.
    The of the KTT Illuminati.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedd View Post
    My blurb: "No one knows how difficult it is to be a black man seeking justice in a white man's world. No one but Magnum V.I. that is."

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Her sister, Tracy, was a RK dye job (I do believe) which didn't stop me from taking an interest in this issue briefly (!!!):