BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 33 of 120 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 1194

Thread: I Started a Tumblr about Comics

  1. #321
    Brent Yellow Thunder
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    45,960

    Re: I Started a Tumblr about Comics

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVE View Post
    Secret Defenders was not a particularly good comic, however their villain was dubiously memorable to me: http://daveloves90scomics.tumblr.com/
    Way to bring that one full circle.

  2. #322
    Made HeroBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,769

    Re: I Started a Tumblr about Comics

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVE View Post
    I like how in the lower picture, Nightwing is like sprouting abs all over his body.
    Kelly Jones was awesome atmosphere but a lot of bad form...
    Too sexy?

  3. #323
    AMERICANS UK Jef UK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    38,115

    Re: I Started a Tumblr about Comics

    I finally dug into your tumblr last night, Dave. Love it! Especially the format of Where/when you bought, etc.
    Click on AM/UK Banner for Rock n' Comix:


  4. #324
    AMERICANS UK Jef UK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    38,115

    Re: I Started a Tumblr about Comics

    Also, I loved Warriors of Plasm. I read the issues I have when packing up comix to move to NYC lo those many years ago, and I thought it really held up.
    Click on AM/UK Banner for Rock n' Comix:


  5. #325
    The Midday Toker DAVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Upper West Side, New York City
    Posts
    39,120

    Re: I Started a Tumblr about Comics

    Quote Originally Posted by Jef UK View Post
    I finally dug into your tumblr last night, Dave. Love it! Especially the format of Where/when you bought, etc.
    Thanks man! I really appreciate it. I'm still playing around with the format, seeing what works, and I was worried the Where/When I bought thing may be only interesting to me, so glad you're liking it!


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elder Ethan Van Sciver View Post
    I agree with David the Mighty.
    I agree with Johan the Mighty.
    I agree with Eclipso The Mighty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Van Sciver View Post
    I agree with America Dave.
    Quote Originally Posted by buk was right View Post
    I hate you most of all America Dave.

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/LuckyLeftyArt
    Sports and Music Pop Art by me
    http://daveloves90scomics.tumblr.com/
    -Fun covers and art from the 90's


  6. #326
    GODFATHER c. page's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    27,643

    Re: I Started a Tumblr about Comics

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVE View Post
    Secret Defenders was not a particularly good comic, however their villain was dubiously memorable to me: http://daveloves90scomics.tumblr.com/
    The sad thing is, it was an interesting enough concept that they just didn't execute terribly well. I remember being really excited when I heard about it, then being terribly disappointed with the end result.

  7. #327
    GODFATHER Buk Was Right's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    30,508

    Re: I Started a Tumblr about Comics

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVE View Post
    Secret Defenders was not a particularly good comic, however their villain was dubiously memorable to me: http://daveloves90scomics.tumblr.com/
    Weren't they like stealing homeless people or something? WHO CARES? I'd pay someone to do that around here, not sic Wolverine on them.

    Wasn't the villain in the second arc like a crazy truck driver? Like a Ghost Rider meets US-1 or some shit? Ghost Rider might have actually been one of the Secret Defenders in that arc. Also Sleepwalker?

    I'm basically just thinking out loud now.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichJohnston View Post
    I'm not a journalist.
    About Me / BART Don't Lie on Tumblr / BART Don't Lie on Facebook / A Guy With Some Marvel Cards / Twitter / Flickr

    "Nothing has done more to make us dumber or meaner than the anonymity of the Internet." --Aaron Sorkin

  8. #328
    The Midday Toker DAVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Upper West Side, New York City
    Posts
    39,120

    Re: I Started a Tumblr about Comics

    Quote Originally Posted by c. page View Post
    The sad thing is, it was an interesting enough concept that they just didn't execute terribly well. I remember being really excited when I heard about it, then being terribly disappointed with the end result.
    The concept of Doc Strange putting together a task force to deal with threats was pretty good, unfortunately the task forces were just who were the hot characters at the time. The concept has basically been revived as Secret Avengers, but much more betterer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buk Was Right View Post
    Weren't they like stealing homeless people or something? WHO CARES? I'd pay someone to do that around here, not sic Wolverine on them.

    Wasn't the villain in the second arc like a crazy truck driver? Like a Ghost Rider meets US-1 or some shit? Ghost Rider might have actually been one of the Secret Defenders in that arc. Also Sleepwalker?

    I'm basically just thinking out loud now.
    It sounds like Macabre was actually Rudy Guliani!
    I don't know- I didn't keep reading that crap.


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elder Ethan Van Sciver View Post
    I agree with David the Mighty.
    I agree with Johan the Mighty.
    I agree with Eclipso The Mighty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Van Sciver View Post
    I agree with America Dave.
    Quote Originally Posted by buk was right View Post
    I hate you most of all America Dave.

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/LuckyLeftyArt
    Sports and Music Pop Art by me
    http://daveloves90scomics.tumblr.com/
    -Fun covers and art from the 90's


  9. #329
    GODFATHER c. page's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    27,643

    Re: I Started a Tumblr about Comics

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVE View Post
    The concept of Doc Strange putting together a task force to deal with threats was pretty good, unfortunately the task forces were just who were the hot characters at the time. The concept has basically been revived as Secret Avengers, but much more betterer.
    I liked the idea of a rotating cast of characters, depending on the threat involved. Sadly, I've not been reading Secret Avengers, although I do want to see other teams revived with the "Secret" title added.

    "Secret Champions of Los Angeles".

  10. #330
    The Midday Toker DAVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Upper West Side, New York City
    Posts
    39,120

    Re: I Started a Tumblr about Comics

    Quote Originally Posted by c. page View Post
    I liked the idea of a rotating cast of characters, depending on the threat involved. Sadly, I've not been reading Secret Avengers, although I do want to see other teams revived with the "Secret" title added.

    "Secret Champions of Los Angeles".
    "Secret Secret Warriors" !


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elder Ethan Van Sciver View Post
    I agree with David the Mighty.
    I agree with Johan the Mighty.
    I agree with Eclipso The Mighty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Van Sciver View Post
    I agree with America Dave.
    Quote Originally Posted by buk was right View Post
    I hate you most of all America Dave.

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/LuckyLeftyArt
    Sports and Music Pop Art by me
    http://daveloves90scomics.tumblr.com/
    -Fun covers and art from the 90's


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •