Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Comic Book Men

Re: Comic Book Men

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnightJared View Post
    So was I the only one that was kind-of blown away by having not just one, but TWO female comic collectors on the episode?
    They could have put one of them in the first episode instead of having just a set of swinging dicks in it.
    And the Geek talk is getting better, but its still Far to long.

The show has moved from boring and dismal to mildly entertaining, which is nice. There's still too much of a fratboy feel to it (people, you all have families, except maybe for Alan Moore) but the items they're using in the show are cool and it was cute to see them geek out over the Buscema drawings.
    A Jewish seamstress in a steampunked Victorian London hires a consulting detective to solve a magical murder mystery.
    --The Curse of the Brimstone Contract by Corrina Lawson

Quote Originally Posted by Corrina View Post
    The show has moved from boring and dismal to mildly entertaining, which is nice. There's still too much of a fratboy feel to it (people, you all have families, except maybe for Alan Moore) but the items they're using in the show are cool and it was cute to see them geek out over the Buscema drawings.
    Comparing that bearded jerk to Alan Moore is a huge insult to Moore.
    "At the end of the day, it's just comic books." - Keith Giffen

I'm a bit behind on this show. The only time I get to see it is on DVR at my brother's house. I watch the Walking Dead when I visit and I seem to have gotten him into it. I put on Comic Book Men after WD but my brother and I started talking and then wandered into the kitchen and talked there so I guess the show doesn't really hold my interest much.
    Oh and if a mod would kindly delete the living hell out of this tread so I do not continue to look like a total tool, I'd appreciate it.

- a wise man

My comic - The Necropolis Chronicles - can be bought here:
    Issue 1, 24 pages:
    http://www.indyplanet.com/index.php?id=152
    Issue 2, 24 pages:
    http://www.indyplanet.com/index.php?id=151
    Book 2, 48 pages, all new story arc:
    http://www.indyplanet.com/index.php?id=4454

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnightJared View Post
    So was I the only one that was kind-of blown away by having not just one, but TWO female comic collectors on the episode?
    Actually, I was more blown away by the fact that someone actually BOUGHT something on the show.

Did anyone else find it odd that the woman had only been collecting comics for a year and a half but was willing to drop over $1000 on a couple of issues?

Quote Originally Posted by J. Wilson View Post
    Actually, I was more blown away by the fact that someone actually BOUGHT something on the show.
    I'm very certain that we saw some of that last episode as well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Funketeer View Post
    Did anyone else find it odd that the woman had only been collecting comics for a year and a half but was willing to drop over $1000 on a couple of issues?
    Well, I don't know about $1000 on a couple of issues. But when I started collecting comics, I was all in right from the start. So, I don't know if how long you've been at it has much to do with it.

Made

Quote Originally Posted by The Funketeer View Post
    We were too busy going "You opened up possible mint condition copies of Hulk 181, 182, and Giant Sized X-Men #1 in the store and let her page through them like that?

You don't do that till you get home!"

Quote Originally Posted by XXXenophile View Post
    We were too busy going "You opened up possible mint condition copies of Hulk 181, 182, and Giant Sized X-Men #1 in the store and let her page through them like that?

You don't do that till you get home!"
    I thought the same thing but at the same time, if I was dropping that much on a comic, I'd want to see it before taking it home.