Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The All New Ask Gail Thread

Re: The All New Ask Gail Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Artful Angie View Post
    Same question I asked on the ORCA Facebook page: If the DC/Marvel swap of Hawkman & She-Hulk had happened, and you were given the option of using her in Birds Of Prey, would you have done it? And if so, how might you have played it out?
    Um. Huh. Probably. The truth is, I was pretty resistant to using big, powerful metahumans in Bop. I felt it changed the tone. I was going to make an exception with Mari because I love her so, and I definitely fell in love with Barda being in the book.
    Also, my love of crossover stuff would have kicked in, I'm sure.

So I probably would have.

I would like to write Jen at some point, anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by KJ! View Post
    This may be inappropriate as its more personal than professional. If so, please ignore and I apologise.

I read that you're allergic to beef. Is that actually true, and if so..... how difficult does that make things for you (dining out etc).

I've just never heard of anyone allergic to beef, the god-of-meats-besides-bacon. And I'm incredibly curious about it, I'd its true.
    I'm actually allergic to the dna in red meat, so it's quite limiting. I used to enjoy prime rib, and French dip sandwiches, haven't had anything like that in over a decade.
    I'm also allergic to apples, deathly so, and apples are used in a ton of things you would never expect. I recently developed a gluten intolerance.

So I just gave up and have gone vegetarian. I still eat eggs, milk and cheese, but no meat at this time. I feel pretty good.

And yeah, it was very dangers when traveling. Often, I could not express my allergies in another language, and that was risky as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Diogo View Post
    Are men still carrying their wallets on the front pocket in DCnU, if so, which men are doing it?
    Well, Catman for sure. I would say Green Arrow. The Riddler. Hmm.

Nightwing, no. You'd think, but no.

Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post
    I held off responding, because it IS the "ask Gail" thread. . but I know the answer to this one too.

yes, she's allergic to beef.

I've been to the Texas steakhouse with her a couple of times, so I know it's true -- but Gail seemed to have no trouble. Once she went for the (recommended by me) Jalepeno Pork Chops, and the other time, I believe she had Chicken.

there are lots of choices when eating out, besides beef, so I'd imagine it doesn't affect her much.

then again, hasn't she been posting lately that she's been eating much more Vegetarian anyways (due to her Son being a vegetarian, so she's trying it out, and liking it?).

so it might be a moot question anyways, if she's sticking to veggies and/or fish only.

All correct, and if I did fall off the veggie wagon, IT WOULD BE FOR THOSE CHOPS!

Quote Originally Posted by JBK405 View Post
    I just remembered something else which has been niggling at my mind for a while. In Welcome to Tranquility, after Derek appears Tommy frequetly refers to him as a rapist, except that (from what we can see) he never raped anybody, or even tried to rape anybody. The later issues reveal that he and Tommy had a completely consensual romantic relationship and, even though he had a myriad of problems and was pretty sick (Buckets. Ugh), rape at least was never a problem.

I've always wondered if this was just an error, maybe something that changed from writing the first issue to writing the later ones (Such as he was originally meant to have raped her before you thought it'd be better to go a different route) or if there is something that I missed.
    hmm. I don't have a copy right in front of me...but I remember Derek saying some disturbing things about 'wanting girls' at a young age.

I might have to reread this, can't recall for sure!

I have another one!
    What's Barbara's Mother's name?

thanks!

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Slewo.O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diogo
    I have another one!
    What's Barbara's Mother's name?

thanks!
    It's actually Barbara.
    Quote Originally Posted by John M. Coker (Johnny C.) View Post
    Slewo's right.

Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

TWICE!

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Simone View Post
    I'm actually allergic to the dna in red meat, so it's quite limiting. I used to enjoy prime rib, and French dip sandwiches, haven't had anything like that in over a decade.
    I'm also allergic to apples, deathly so, and apples are used in a ton of things you would never expect. I recently developed a gluten intolerance.

So I just gave up and have gone vegetarian. I still eat eggs, milk and cheese, but no meat at this time. I feel pretty good.

And yeah, it was very dangers when traveling. Often, I could not express my allergies in another language, and that was risky as hell.
    Wow, that's fascinating! The DNA in red meat? I need to do some reading.

I've never heard of this before.

I went vegan for awhile due to my ex-fiancee being one, but I just could not handle it. I couldn't get the balance right to give me enough iron and other essential vitamins.

The only meat I really eat is beef, so that's be devastating to me.

Thank you for answering (and Bert, too). That must be hard to convey to wait staff at times, surely?
    "There seems to be something in the human condition that makes people dislike people that they think are different. If we could get rid of that, it'd be a better world" - Stan Lee

Hey Gail -

What was up with the euphoira Gretel felt after attacking Batgirl? There was no explanation for that... or did I miss it.

Love the book, BTW, one more question... will Babs be getting a job anytime soon?

Gail,

What should men steer clear of when writing female characters?(and women too for that matter)