Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 59 of 151 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3 thread

Re: Mass Effect 3 thread

Well, I for one am glad they're doing it. I predicted they might, and I've intentionally been not finishing the game in case they did something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AthenAltena View Post
    Well, I for one am glad they're doing it. I predicted they might, and I've intentionally been not finishing the game in case they did something like this.
    Go ahead and finish it, Altena, you can always import your character into a new save. It's going to take them a month or so to finish the DLC anyway. Besides, the ending isn't that terrible. Their are some well written parts to it.

"You really can't ignore Bendis, especially when he shoots you in the face with a sniper rifle in Call of Duty." ~Brubaker

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr View Post
    Go ahead and finish it, Altena, you can always import your character into a new save. It's going to take them a month or so to finish the DLC anyway. Besides, the ending isn't that terrible. Their are some well written parts to it.
    I still think I'm gonna wait a bit, simply because I don't think I can take having my heart broken just yet. Also because I'm finally doing a ManShep playthrough from the first game to see what I missed and/or what could be different since I'm mainly picking Renegade options. And remembering how much I fucking hate the Mako.

Awwww, come on, we all love the Mako, don't we? It's just so....energetic.
    Life is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get a heck of a ride.

I'm very much on James Vega's side in the Mako argument.

Quote Originally Posted by JBK405 View Post
    The whole scene where Vega and Cortez talk about the Mako had me rolling on the floor with laughter.

Also I can't stomach finishing the game quite yet because I know that
    Spoilers:
    I'm going to pick one of the endings where Shepard dies, since I personally can't stomach the "best" one where you destroy the Geth after all I did to help them, even though Shepard allegedly survives the "best" one
    and I'm not ready to take that leap yet and break Garrus' heart.

I can't remember the last time I was this emotionally invested in a game. Or hell, anything.
    Last edited by AthenAltena; 03-21-2012 at 01:13 PM.

It doesn't matter Atlena since
    Spoilers:
    Everyone Shepard ever loved or cared about is either dead or now on a heavy handedly forced tropical vacation. And the "Best" ending is two seconds followed by a bunch of speculation

"You really can't ignore Bendis, especially when he shoots you in the face with a sniper rifle in Call of Duty." ~Brubaker

It doesn't matter Atlena since
    Spoilers:
    Everyone Shepard ever loved or cared about is either dead or now on a heavy handedly forced tropical vacation. And the "Best" ending is two seconds followed by a bunch of speculation
    Precisely. Hence waiting for the updated version in the hopes that it's not quite as soul-crushing.

Quote Originally Posted by AthenAltena View Post
    Precisely. Hence waiting for the updated version in the hopes that it's not quite as soul-crushing.
    You might be setting yourself up for disappointment. I hate to quash you hopes, but very few games out there have spectacular endings, especially Bioware's, and I don't think they want to change the ending as much as address the closure aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by JBK405 View Post
    I never got to play with it, having never had a chance to play 1, but LordKat did make the Mako scenes look kind of fun to play in his let's plays.

Though the Hammerhead flew alright, even if the sections involving it where kind of boring.

You might be setting yourself up for disappointment. I hate to quash you hopes, but very few games out there have spectacular endings, especially Bioware's, and I don't think they want to change the ending as much as address the closure aspect.
    Eh, could be. I've been set up for disappointment before (hell, that's pretty much what the original ending is) but I'm an eternal optimist.