Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 39 of 145 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3 thread

Re: Mass Effect 3 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Astonishing X-Fan View Post
    Traynor is a lesbian and Cortez is gay, so that's probably why. They're romance options.
    Oh yeah, that'd be the reason if it is the case, but I didn't know since there is non-relationship stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr View Post
    A lot of people were concerned about Freddie Prinze Jr, and Jessica Chobot being in this game. But really Freddie performance isn't that bad, fact I rather like Vega in this one.
    Yeah, I don't get the Vega hate. I actually like him, he seems down to earth and he doesn't seem obnoxious.

And as far as Allers goes, you don't have to bring her along at all and can throw her off with pretty unambiguous choices (one of which is literally "get off my ship"), so I don't know why people are complaining. I don't care for her, but it hardly seems worth the fits people have been throwing.
    Last edited by AthenAltena; 03-10-2012 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AthenAltena View Post
    Yeah, I don't get the Vega hate. I actually like him, he seems down to earth and he doesn't seem obnoxious.

And as far as Allers goes, you don't have to bring her along at all and can throw her off with pretty unambiguous choices (one of which is literally "get off my ship"), so I don't know why people are complaining.
    Eh, she's good for the war effort, even if her impact is only a minor one. If I don't know better, I'd say the whole "trial run" thing alludes to Chobot. As if Bioware said, "Ok fine well try her out on cast wise, but she's not allowed to touch anything!"

But yeah, the only reason I could see for anyone to hate Vega is the that they don't like the voice actor, and really I think folks should learn to get past that sort of thing if his performance works for the kind of character he is playing. Which it does.
    Last edited by Tyr; 03-10-2012 at 05:40 PM.

"You really can't ignore Bendis, especially when he shoots you in the face with a sniper rifle in Call of Duty." ~Brubaker

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Slewo.O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyr

Eh, she's good for the war effort, even if her impact is only a minor one. If I don't know better the whole "trial run" thing alludes to Chobot. As if Bioware said, "Ok fine well try her out on the cast wise, but she's not allowed to touch anything!"
    And thank the All-Father for that.
    [QUOTE=John M. Coker (Johnny C.);8992400]Slewo's right.

Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

TWICE![/QUOTE]

Eh, she's good for the war effort, even if her impact is only a minor one. If I don't know better, I'd say the whole "trial run" thing alludes to Chobot. As if Bioware said, "Ok fine well try her out on the cast wise, but she's not allowed to touch anything!"
    Some of the nerdrage over her reminds me of the people who were throwing a fit over the male gay romance. I honestly wonder how these people manage to function in everyday life if they can't deal with something they don't like simply existing, and not even in a way they have to deal with unless they seek it out. And people wonder why gamers are stereotyped as maladjusted man children. *rolls eyes*

But yeah, the only reason I could see for anyone to hate Vega is the that they don't like the voice actor, and really I think folks should learn to get past that sort of thing if his performance works for the kind of character he is playing. Which it does.
    I don't know too much about Freddie Prince Jr. (except that he was in the goddawful Wing Commander movie, but that was many years ago), but he's had a fairly solid performance from what I've seen. Hell, I've seen people lamenting that he's not romancable!

The only thing I don't like about Vega is that he feels really out of place. Like, the rest of the team is made up of longtime friends or people with a strong connection to the lore, and Vega is just kinda this dude who happens to be there.

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Slewo.O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Astonishing X-Fan
    The only thing I don't like about Vega is that he feels really out of place. Like, the rest of the team is made up of longtime friends or people with a strong connection to the lore, and Vega is just kinda this dude who happens to be there.
    Weelllll in a sense, yeah. He is supposed to be the new guy. But his backstory throws him square into the ME universe. I'm just glad they didn't cousin oliver him in.
    [QUOTE=John M. Coker (Johnny C.);8992400]Slewo's right.

Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

TWICE![/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Astonishing X-Fan View Post
    I can see that, and yeah, he is a bit out of place in that sense. But as Slewo.O said that's kind of the point.

Vega serves as what TV tropes refers to as the Watson for players who are just getting into the game for the first time.

Example: Shepard "Garrus!"
    Player new to ME "Who is Garrus, why is he such a big deal?"
    Shepard introduces Garrus to Vega, thereby introducing him to the player.

It's a trick story tellers use to introduce or explain new concepts and characters while keeping fourth wall intact.

"You really can't ignore Bendis, especially when he shoots you in the face with a sniper rifle in Call of Duty." ~Brubaker

Quote Originally Posted by Slewo.O

Weelllll in a sense, yeah. He is supposed to be the new guy. But his backstory throws him square into the ME universe. I'm just glad they didn't cousin oliver him in.
    I think the problem is that they didn't really do a good job of introducing him. I'm done with the game and he STILL hasn't gotten an introduction. I mean a scene where he is introduced to the player as who he is and what his role is. Other characters, even people that Sheppard should know as a character, were introduced to the player (The very first scene of ME1 said that Joker was a wiseass who was the ships pilot and Kaidan was a somewhat dry oficer aboard the Normandy). Vega's just THERE. I gathered that he was Sheprd's guard during the trial, but that's far from certain (he might have just been her guide), and aboard the Normandy I have no clue what his position is. I (The player, not Sheppard) was just never properly introduced to him.

Plus, and this is just me, but "Lola"? I'm all for informality and a relaxed chain of comand (Hell, I get physical with half my crew) but you don't just call your CO by a nickname right off the bat, it takes time to build that friendship.
    Life is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get a heck of a ride.