Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 28 of 145 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3 thread

Re: Mass Effect 3 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Weeto View Post
    Game have apparently been closing some stores, although I haven't noticed any of the branches close to me shutting down.
    Yeah, not a good sign, I wonder if the economy is that bad right now in the U.K. or if its got to do with Games business practices. Were they connected to a video rental place? Cause those have been really hurting and shutting down within the last 2 years here in the states along with any video game part of there stores (that's what happened with Gamecrazy.)

Do they sell used games or just new?
    Last edited by Tyr; 03-01-2012 at 01:21 PM.

"You really can't ignore Bendis, especially when he shoots you in the face with a sniper rifle in Call of Duty." ~Brubaker

Game are a purely video game orientated company. Their stores have a reasonable choice of games but they're a little expensive at times and I haven't liked some of their gimmicky 'offers' lately.

Blockbuster are barely noticed over here in the UK now and all my local stores closed. I used to buy stuff from it but I didn't rent anything which is a sign of what was wrong with their stores.
    Independence... Nah!!!

Soooo...I actually, after playing ME3 through with my Adept and my Infiltrator, had decided that I wanted to do a complete playthrough of 1-3 with a Sentinel while romancing Liara. I realized that nothing about that stops me from making a female Shepard, so I went ahead and did that :3

Tips for a Sentinel in ME1? I wanna fight and not just support.

Game are a purely video game orientated company. Their stores have a reasonable choice of games but they're a little expensive at times and I haven't liked some of their gimmicky 'offers' lately.
    Sounds like some shaky business practices. Do they sell used games? A store that sells only new games is not viable here in the states, game companies give stores next to no discount. Gamestop for example typical makes only 2 dollars on each new game they sell 4, if they are lucky. Seriously Comic Book stores get a better deal with Diamond then Gamestop gets with EA or Activision. A bulk of Gamestop's profit comes from used games.

"You really can't ignore Bendis, especially when he shoots you in the face with a sniper rifle in Call of Duty." ~Brubaker

So, BioWare have released a trailer for MaleShep, and the introduction of same-sex (and inter-racial!) romance options for him.

Sadly, the clip is getting drowned in negative comments, down votes and dislikes. How about we try to turn that around a bit, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr View Post
    Sounds like some shaky business practices. Do they sell used games? A store that sells only new games is not viable here in the states, game companies give stores next to no discount. Gamestop for example typical makes only 2 dollars on each new game they sell 4, if they are lucky. Seriously Comic Book stores get a better deal with Diamond then Gamestop gets with EA or Activision. A bulk of Gamestop's profit comes from used games.
    Used games are a fairly big part of their business but their used prices are horrific, often only a couple of pounds below the new price and in cases where a new game is at sale price, I've seen the used game being more expensive than the new one. Their trade in prices are ridiculously low as well and they buy low and sell high.

They sell consoles, peripherals, points cards and so on as well as games. They're quite poor for PC gaming stuff though and only a few hit games, some assorted budget titles and a handful of mediocre peripherals are all they usually have for the PC.
    Independence... Nah!!!

The new reputation system sounds great.

Used games are a fairly big part of their business but their used prices are horrific, often only a couple of pounds below the new price and in cases where a new game is at sale price, I've seen the used game being more expensive than the new one. Their trade in prices are ridiculously low as well and they buy low and sell high.

They sell consoles, peripherals, points cards and so on as well as games. They're quite poor for PC gaming stuff though and only a few hit games, some assorted budget titles and a handful of mediocre peripherals are all they usually have for the PC.
    That sounds a lot like Gamestop only everything is in pounds and there are a lot more brit/scot/welsh/irish accents.

My guess is that EA is trying to bully Game out of selling used copies of their games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr View Post
    My guess is that EA is trying to bully Game out of selling used copies of their games.
    When why did they allow them a preorder incentive?

Quote Originally Posted by zemo View Post
    Soooo...I actually, after playing ME3 through with my Adept and my Infiltrator, had decided that I wanted to do a complete playthrough of 1-3 with a Sentinel while romancing Liara. I realized that nothing about that stops me from making a female Shepard, so I went ahead and did that :3

Tips for a Sentinel in ME1? I wanna fight and not just support.
    soooo... PC i take it?