Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 26 of 145 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3 thread

Re: Mass Effect 3 thread

You already have a DLC that allows you to make the critical choices in ME1 without having to play the game. Same will, without a doubt, go for ME2. So anybody can at any point in time start the game wherever they want. And even those that have played through all of 1 and 2 may just want to lean back and enjoy the story without having to think about what is the best squad for the upcomming fights.

Seriously, the only problem here is that you seemingly can not comprehend that other people might enjoy a game in a different ways, and somewhat you got this idea that this cheapens the way you are enjoying the game yourself. Oh, and that in the future all games will be played by this, because...stuff.

I know you like to think of yourself as the critical voice that sees through all the bullshit and sees reality for what it is, calling out what needs to be called out and such. But this here borders on paranoia.

Quote Originally Posted by zemo View Post
    You already have a DLC that allows you to make the critical choices in ME1 without having to play the game. Same will, without a doubt, go for ME2. So anybody can at any point in time start the game wherever they want. And even those that have played through all of 1 and 2 may just want to lean back and enjoy the story without having to think about what is the best squad for the upcomming fights.
    Then why don't they just make another of those comics for the people that just was the story?

Seriously, the only problem here is that you seemingly can not comprehend that other people might enjoy a game in a different ways, and somewhat you got this idea that this cheapens the way you are enjoying the game yourself. Oh, and that in the future all games will be played by this, because...stuff.
    Its a difference between enjoying the game in different ways and enjoying everything but the game part.

I know you like to think of yourself as the critical voice that sees through all the bullshit and sees reality for what it is, calling out what needs to be called out and such. But this here borders on paranoia.
    I think you confuse passion for rage.

Also I was planing a 1-2-3 this summer given that it was a long time since i did 1 and 2, But i started the original up again just now.
    I'm not looking forward to the Mako sections but what the hell.

Quote Originally Posted by K-DoG7p7 View Post
    Then why don't they just make another of those comics for the people that just was the story?

Its a difference between enjoying the game in different ways and enjoying everything but the game part.

I think you confuse passion for rage.
    So you are passionate about people either playing a game the way you think it should be played, or not at all. Got it. :3

Quote Originally Posted by zemo View Post
    So you are passionate about people either playing a game the way you think it should be played, or not at all. Got it. :3
    Or just play the game itself instead of cheating through the actual game sections

On to ME3
    Someone posted a "Spoiler free" tour of the upgraded Normandy
    Anyone who played the first two games will be able to learn a lot from this tour.

EDIT: well its kinda spoilery. but from what i understand this guy has probably not done a lot of side missions
    Last edited by K-DoG7p7; 02-29-2012 at 09:38 AM.

So...which mode will offer the balance of story and action that the first games provided?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreg View Post
    So...which mode will offer the balance of story and action that the first games provided?
    Action Mode is shorter cutscenes with random decisions with normal to Insanity difficult
    RPG mode is full length cutscenes with dialog options and all difficulty settings
    Story Mode is full length cutscenes with dialog options with difficulty set to "Impossible to die"

It's not cheating. For two reasons:

1.) It is an option that Bioware themselves are giving the player.

2.) Playing through single player is not a competition. The only thing that matters is the INDIVIDUAL PLAYER'S satisfaction in the experience. You can't say it cheapens the experience, because for the people that will be using it, it will be the experience they WANT.

You really, REALLY need to understand that just because it's not how you want to experience the game, doesn't mean it is wrong for someone else to want it, or Bioware to offer it. They're not taking away anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreg View Post
    Role Playing mode, as far as I can tell that is the mode that will give fans of the series the mode they know and love.

X-fan, I agree with you, but I think you need to take it down a notch.

K-dog, Ok I can understand people having problems with Helper before, she was responsible for a lot emo crap that happened in Dragon Age II wasn't she? Also I know people didn't really like the Dwarven stuff in DA, though personally it was my favorite part of the series, so Helper's work is a mixed bag.

I think Zemos might be correct though, I don't think this is going to lead to Mass Effect getting further dumbed down. Fact from the looks of things ME 3 actually got meatier then ME 2 in terms of upgrades, and powers and skill slots. I think they want to make the game more accessible without alienating their fans.

You remember those stats they pulled showing that a majority of gamers play manshep on their first play through, or how most played the soldier class? Well they didn't make Shep a male or exclusively a soldier class did they? What the did do is say, "hey maybe we should give all the classes the ability to wield any weapon they want but limited the number weapons they could carry unless they were a soldier class."

If anything though I may be a little concerned about how Bioware games are going to be effected story wise post ME 3 now that one of their lead writers has left the company to work on his novel career. I hope that ME 3 won't be Bioware's last great game.

But all that said, your still planning to buy this game right? I mean your not concerned about how this current game is going to meet your expectations, right?
    Last edited by Tyr; 02-29-2012 at 01:38 PM.

"You really can't ignore Bendis, especially when he shoots you in the face with a sniper rifle in Call of Duty." ~Brubaker

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr View Post
    K-dog, Ok I can understand people having problems with Helper before, she was responsible for a lot emo crap that happened in Dragon Age II wasn't she? Also I know people didn't really like the Dwarven stuff in DA, though personally it was my favorite part of the series, so Helper's work is a mixed bag.
    What origin did you prefer, Dwarf Noble or Dwarf Commoner?
    And answer that quickly without googling

I think Zemos might be correct though, I don't think this is going to lead to Mass Effect getting further dumbed down. Fact from the looks of things ME 3 actually got meatier then ME 2 in terms of upgrades, and powers and skill slots. I think they want to make the game more accessible without alienating their fans.

You remember those stats they pulled showing that a majority of gamers play manshep on their first play through, or how most played the soldier class? Well they didn't make Shep a male or exclusively a soldier class did they? What the did do is say, "hey maybe we should give all the classes the ability to wield any weapon they want but limited the number weapons they could carry unless they were a soldier class."
    the only reason for them adding alot of those elements back is the amazing beating they (and EA) took after ME2 and DA2.
    and the weight part is actually something the fans wanted all the way back in the first game (RPG players are used to a weight system and bioware are the only once that didn't use it)

If anything though I may be a little concerned about how Bioware games are going to be effected story wise post ME 3 now that one of their lead writers has left the company to work on his novel career. I hope that ME 3 won't be Bioware's last great game.
    Drew Karpyshyn was barely involved in Mass Effect2 and not at all in Mass Effect3 as he was working on The Old Republic.

But all that said, your still planning to buy this game right? I mean your not concerned about how this current game is going to meet your expectations?
    Still buying yes.
    but I am actually really concerned about the spoilers I have seen regarding the story.
    Spoilers:
    you romanced any character other then Kaiden, Ashley or Liara.. well good news you romanced Liara after all!

Also the PC version has hit the interwebs..