Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 20 of 151 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3 thread

Re: Mass Effect 3 thread

Quote Originally Posted by AthenAltena View Post
    Really? I'm surprised other people haven't noticed the "aboots." I thought they were really obvious.

And I really hope Kal-Reegar shows up in ME3. He was probably my favorite one scene character.
    I guess you're just better at picking up on Canookish. Which surprises me cause I live just aboot in Canookland. And Person IS in Canookland.

"You really can't ignore Bendis, especially when he shoots you in the face with a sniper rifle in Call of Duty." ~Brubaker

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr View Post
    I guess you're just better at picking up on Canookish. Which surprises me cause I live just aboot in Canookland.
    Well, I am from the east coast and live in Boston, so the accent around here is different enough from a Canadian one that other accents might stick out to me more. Might depend on what you tend to hear around you. Ironically my mom's from Oregon so every now and then certain words she says sound a little Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by AthenAltena View Post
    Really? I'm surprised other people haven't noticed the "aboots." I thought they were really obvious.

And I really hope Kal-Reegar shows up in ME3. He was probably my favorite one scene character.

I just don't hear it really. I don't even get where the "Aboot" thing comes from, I get "Eh" I've met enough people who use it to see where the stereotype comes from but "Aboot" confuses me. I'll keep on ear on it in ME3 I guess but it's something I just did not hear in the first two games.

Yeah, Kal was pretty awesome. We'll probably see him during a mission for the Quarians. Just like we saw Kirahe in the demo... Come to think of it... I have never managed to keep Kirahe from dying in the first ME...

I know it's just not me, since this is on the TVTropes page:

Canada, Eh? Listen to Male Shepard say "about". Unmistakable.
    For all I know he tones it down in the later games, but I definitely heard it in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I just don't hear it really. I don't even get where the "Aboot" thing comes from, I get "Eh" I've met enough people who use it to see where the stereotype comes from but "Aboot" confuses me. I'll keep on ear on it in ME3 I guess but it's something I just did not hear in the first two games.

Yeah, Kal was pretty awesome. We'll probably see him during a mission for the Quarians. Just like we saw Kirahe in the demo... Come to think of it... I have never managed to keep Kirahe from dying in the first ME...
    BC'ers tend to use it quite a bit, along with the occasional "eh".

"You really can't ignore Bendis, especially when he shoots you in the face with a sniper rifle in Call of Duty." ~Brubaker

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr View Post
    BC'ers tend to use it quite a bit, along with the occasional "eh".

Ah, I live on the East Coast, That might be why. Guess it would make sense for Meer to say it that way seeing how he lives out there. Still I've never picked up on it.

Surprised to learn that Jennifer Hale was born in Newfoundland. NEWFIES!!! YAY!

Pretty stoked for the DLC for ME3. If I can't get one of the editions that gets it free I might buy some Microsoft points as well.

I'm on New Game Plus on ME2, after having finished it the other day. The controls feel a lot better after getting used to them. Still mad about the map not being useful.

I play FemShep because I like playing strong female protagonists. MaleShep feels more like Generic Action Hero #1138.

I never really noticed the "about" thing. If anything is sounds more like "a boat" than "a boot".

And I'm disappointed FemShep couldn't hook up with Tali. Who doesn't love Tali?

ME3: Jessica Chobot? Really? She just rubs me the wrong way.

About DLC: I managed to download The Arrival, and it exemplifies what i don't like about DLC in general. I understand DLC is supposed to enhance the life of a game, to help players enjoy a game longer than they would otherwise. But that's the thing: it's optional. You don't have to download it if you don't want to. It's not necessary for the main plot of a game.

The Arrival is different. It forms the basis of the start of ME3. It is a vital part of the main storyline. In this case, it's not optional. It becomes necessary to download and play. If this mission is that important for the main storyline, why wasn't it included on the disc? It's like they figured they could made an incomplete game and make players shell out more money.

/rant

Spoiler:

Vote Goat 2016

I think it's been pretty well established that everybody loves Tali (Has there ever been an official explanation for why you can't romance her as FemShep?).
    Life is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get a heck of a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by a. non View Post
    I'm on New Game Plus on ME2, after having finished it the other day. The controls feel a lot better after getting used to them. Still mad about the map not being useful.

I play FemShep because I like playing strong female protagonists. MaleShep feels more like Generic Action Hero #1138.

I never really noticed the "about" thing. If anything is sounds more like "a boat" than "a boot".

And I'm disappointed FemShep couldn't hook up with Tali. Who doesn't love Tali?

ME3: Jessica Chobot? Really? She just rubs me the wrong way.
    If it wasn't for Liara I would be giving Tali some Manshep lovin.

As it stands, Garrus for my Femshep, all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by a. non View Post
    About DLC: I managed to download The Arrival, and it exemplifies what i don't like about DLC in general. I understand DLC is supposed to enhance the life of a game, to help players enjoy a game longer than they would otherwise. But that's the thing: it's optional. You don't have to download it if you don't want to. It's not necessary for the main plot of a game.

The Arrival is different. It forms the basis of the start of ME3. It is a vital part of the main storyline. In this case, it's not optional. It becomes necessary to download and play. If this mission is that important for the main storyline, why wasn't it included on the disc? It's like they figured they could made an incomplete game and make players shell out more money.

/rant
    To be fair, even though Arrival ties in with the trilogy, it really doesn't fit ME 2 story line which is centered on the collectors, even if the reapers are pulling the strings. Making it the start of ME 3 I think wouldn't have worked as well either, it doesn't seem like it would be an effective enough hook the same way the first 30 minutes will play in ME 3 according to the demo. But yeah I feel you pain.

Quote Originally Posted by JBK405 View Post
    I think it's been pretty well established that everybody loves Tali (Has there ever been an official explanation for why you can't romance her as FemShep?).
    No but the rumors are that that well be addressed in 3.