Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 19 of 145 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3 thread

Re: Mass Effect 3 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I still say that Merging the Two Geth factions was a mistake I made In My Male Shep run.
    ME3 Spoilers below
    Spoiler:
    you are right.. but its not a big deal if you cleared Talis name and had Tali and Legion put away their diffrences

Now that I think about it some more...

If you had more Femshep promos, you'd have a bunch of Manshep fans bitching about "turning Shepard into a woman" and pulling out those Xbox first time playthrough stats they like to brag about.

At least this time around Bioware is acknowledging the femshep fanbase, partially because the stats still show a large chuck of people still prefer femshep, and partially because that Jennifer Hale is getting recognition for her voice work from things like the VGA. And as shallow as that award show is, it's still a good promotional tool.

"You really can't ignore Bendis, especially when he shoots you in the face with a sniper rifle in Call of Duty." ~Brubaker

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr View Post
    Now that I think about it some more...

If you had more Femshep promos, you'd have a bunch of Manshep fans bitching about "turning Shepard into a woman" and pulling out those Xbox first time playthrough stats they like to brag about.

At least this time around Bioware is acknowledging the femshep fanbase, partially because the stats still show a large chuck of people still prefer femshep, and partially because that Jennifer Hale is getting recognition for her voice work from things like the VGA. And as shallow as that award show is, it's still a good promotional tool.
    Personally I think FemShep comes off as more badass than ShepLoo* a lot of the time, though that just may be because Jennifer Hale is a very convincing HBIC. Also, I did a playthrough of ME1 as ShepLoo, but I really think his performance wasn't as good. That and I found the "aboot"s distracting and kind of hilarious.

And I'm glad FemShep is getting acknowledgment, even if it's a bit late. I think BioWare missed a real opportunity to reach out to a certain segment of fans, both male and female, who are sick of the Gritty Space Marine character type, since when you get down to it that's what ShepLoo is. I didn't even know about FemShep until I saw people on Tumblr talking about her, and then I jumped at the opportunity to play a badass woman whose gender is basically a non-issue and had the chance to be canonically queer.

I'm also pretty much on spoiler blackout. And have warned people that they probably won't see much of me after the game drops for a while.

(*Just for the record I only call him ShepLoo because I find the nickname hilarious)
    Last edited by AthenAltena; 02-27-2012 at 01:48 PM.

Many players who aren't in the FemShep camp admit than MaleShep's performance is somewhat bland, without the life of a truly standout performance, but there are some who actually say that's a good thing (Not me, of course, but they exist).
    Life is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get a heck of a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by JBK405 View Post
    Many players who aren't in the FemShep camp admit than MaleShep's performance is somewhat bland, without the life of a truly standout performance, but there are some who actually say that's a good thing (Not me, of course, but they exist).
    I think it works from the angle of him being deeply emotionally traumatized. Even I admit he has a few good moments, like when he talks about what happened at Akuze. Although considering who he's being compared to (aka a woman made of pure awesome) it might not be a fair comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by AthenAltena View Post
    Personally I think FemShep comes off as more badass than ShepLoo* a lot of the time, though that just may be because Jennifer Hale is a very convincing HBIC. Also, I did a playthrough of ME1 as ShepLoo, but I really think his performance wasn't as good. That and I found the "aboot"s distracting and kind of hilarious.
    Funny I never noticed Mike Meers aboots, I mean I noticed Mike Hogan's obvious Canook accent, but not Meers. What's really funny is Hale is also a Canook.

...Wait Adam Baldwin was in ME 2? How did I miss that...twice? I mean Claudia Black being in three different roles, yeah, cause two of them she's not using her regular accent, but Adam Baldwin?
    Last edited by Tyr; 02-27-2012 at 02:57 PM.

"You really can't ignore Bendis, especially when he shoots you in the face with a sniper rifle in Call of Duty." ~Brubaker

Do you know anybody else badass enough to stave off a geth platoon with a punctured suit?
    Life is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get a heck of a ride.

I've never noticed any aboots from Meer. Honestly I would say I like Male and Female Shep about equal. Jennifer Hale is definitely the better Voice Actor over all but I don't think she's at her strongest in ME.

Quote Originally Posted by JBK405 View Post
    Do you know anybody else badass enough to stave off a geth platoon with a punctured suit?
    Keith David could do it, so could Michael Dorn on a good day (that is a DS9 and not a TNG day) I'm sure Mike Hogan can do it, he'd have to be plastered, but he could still do it. Steve Blum...can at least sound like he can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I've never noticed any aboots from Meer. Honestly I would say I like Male and Female Shep about equal. Jennifer Hale is definitely the better Voice Actor over all but I don't think she's at her strongest in ME.
    I think my favorite performance of her's was Bastila in KOTOR, yet another Bioware game. (and you wonder why they keep hiring her.) Followed by Giganta in Justice League. But I like her FemShep too.
    Last edited by Tyr; 02-27-2012 at 03:10 PM.

Really? I'm surprised other people haven't noticed the "aboots." I thought they were really obvious.

And I really hope Kal-Reegar shows up in ME3. He was probably my favorite one scene character.