Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 14 of 135 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3 thread

Re: Mass Effect 3 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Slewo.O View Post
    Lucky that I've never seen BSG then.
    The concept for BSG, or at least the remake (They origin story of the Cylons I think was rewritten), was a good one. It's just that the series ended up getting stale as it stretched on.

"You really can't ignore Bendis, especially when he shoots you in the face with a sniper rifle in Call of Duty." ~Brubaker

Quote Originally Posted by Slewo.O View Post
    Except for Dragon Age 2 being left unfinished so they could sell it on the holiday season. I'm not liking the direction EA is taking Bioware, frankly I hope they can go independent again someday.
    I honestly don't thing EA is taking Bioware in any direction to tell you the truth. Apart from screwing with DRM or new game dlc. Which I don't really see Bioware complaining about all that much, and why would they? Even though executive meddling by EA has been well documented in the past, the fact of the matter is sometimes EA has really has little to do with a game's development. And in Bioware's case, I think EA trusts them enough to leave them alone, and let them do their thing, since they track record is a series of hits with only a few stumbling blocks like Dragon Age II, Jade Empire, and to a certain extent Neverwinter Nights (though that game managed to recover quite well after a false start). Sometimes a bad game really lies on the shoulders of the developer.

"You really can't ignore Bendis, especially when he shoots you in the face with a sniper rifle in Call of Duty." ~Brubaker

Honestly when Dragon Age 1 and 2 are probably the worst games a company has ever made it must be a really excellent company. The Dragon Ages aren't even that bad. They fall short of their usual quality but there's enjoyment to be had in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Honestly when Dragon Age 1 and 2 are probably the worst games a company has ever made it must be a really excellent company. The Dragon Ages aren't even that bad. They fall short of their usual quality but there's enjoyment to be had in them.
    I utterly disagree with you when it comes to Dragon Age 1, it's one of their best games. As for 2, yeah as far as worst go, mediocre isn't horrible.

The Geth may as well be a copy of the Cylons in regards to origin. But I think that they are far superior in design. Additionally, and I may be wrong here, I don't think the Cylons ever had any kind of religion.

And re. choice: The collecting of Paragon or Renegade points is actually a realistic approximation of actual real life choices. When, in real life have you ever got a situation where one single decision decides everything? It is almost always an accumulation of choices. As an example, if you don't have enough Paragon or Renegade points when Tali and Legion argue, you will lose the loyalty of one of them. Sure, you can reclaim it later, but if you choose not to do so, then one of them will probably die during the suicide mission, makign it impossible for them to appear again in Mass Effect 3, if you continue playing.

There are no fake choices in Mass Effect. You may ask fo a decision you make to have a profound effect on the gameplay, but you overlook that the principles of cause and effect are different in a game setting. There is an optimal way to play, and there are other ways that aren't optimal. An optimal playthrough of the suicide mission leaves you with Shepard and all of the crew alive. If you choose not to play optimally, you can get everything from the crew dying to the squad dying up to Shepard dying and thus no longer being able to play him in ME3. That is an actual decision with real consequences. What you are asking for is basically "My answer here and now should decide whether there is a war or not. And I want to be able to play in either a war torn universe or a peaceful one." Apart fromt he enormous logistics involved in such a game, this would be highly unrealistic. You can choose who to romance, starting from ME3 on even someone of the same sex. You can decide whether to save the Rachni, thus making it possible for them to appear again in ME3 or not. You can choose whether you help Kirrahe on Virmire, which lets him survive, popping up again in ME3. This is a lot of decision-making, and I, for once, am satisfied with the degree of freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr View Post
    I utterly disagree with you when it comes to Dragon Age 1, it's one of their best games. As for 2, yeah as far as worst go, mediocre isn't horrible.
    I never finished it to be honest. It's the one Bioware game I've played that I just stopped playing. The origins of the different characters you can start off as are the best parts of the game. I might go back and see about playing it again in full but I dunno. It's a pretty ugly game so that does not help much. I get that Texuring, rigging, and most of all modeling is incredibly difficult when limited to a game engine and graphics are not what Bioware focuses on but DA was just a really ugly game, especially when you compare it to the Mass Effect series. It's not a terrible game, just one I lost interest in.

Tried the Demo for DA2... eh, did not grab me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by zemo View Post
    The Geth may as well be a copy of the Cylons in regards to origin. But I think that they are far superior in design. Additionally, and I may be wrong here, I don't think the Cylons ever had any kind of religion.
    They did, the Cylons were monotheistic, extremely monotheistic. And I thought the Cylons were a better design.

They did, the Cylons were monotheistic, extremely monotheistic. And I thought the Cylons were a better design.
    We'll have to agree to disagree then, because to me, the Cylons (the new ones) look a tad too much Kamen Rider/Power Rangers to take them seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by zemo View Post
    We'll have to agree to disagree then, because to me, the Cylons (the new ones) look a tad too much Kamen Rider/Power Rangers to take them seriously.
    And the Geth look like walking desk lamps, whats your point?
    Last edited by Tyr; 02-18-2012 at 11:28 AM.

And the Geth look like walking desk lamps whats your point?
    You take that back, stupidface!