Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: A Thread About Writing

Re: A Thread About Writing

Writing related question. I'm trying to get started for NaNoWriMo and hit a conceptual snag: I'm passingly familiar with the heirarchy of a modern newspaper but not so conversant with the organization behind their various web presences. Does anyone have any experience with this?

hey guys,

Over the years I have posted on this thread about stuff I'd been writing. I often came here asking for advice or feedback.sadly I have never finished any of those stories or did anything with those ideas i had. It is time for that to stop. I have decided to take a 30 days writing challenge.

I am starting a blog to make myself more accountable.

http://30daysormore.blogspot.com/

I hope you follow it. I am always looking for feedback.

Thanks again for everything!

This is an awesome sticky. I will try to contribute, although I am a relative novice.

Persevere and keep writing. Now that I'm at the point where I'm doing professional submissions, I'm starting my rejections collection. It's not fun, but it shows you're working at it, at least. Everyone gets rejections. They are never enjoyable. But keep going with the writing. The only way you improve is to keep trying.
    My first novel is up Amazon Kindle at http://www.amazon.com/In-My-Brothers...8184334&sr=1-1

And now in paperback, too!

I constantly battle the unrealistic expectation that my first effort is going to be the final draft. I have to remember that when I have an idea, the most imporatnt thing I can do is get it documented in whatever way it makes the most sense to me. Once I have done that, I have given myself the ability to add detail, clean up the grammer and spelling, and otherwise micro-manage the hell out of it later.

Just put up a short scene that I've been fiddling around with for a bit. Constructive feedback welcomed and encouraged.

Rube

My advice? Writing is like the human body. It's complex and has various systems. For writing, it's brainstorming, outlines, first drafts, multiple rewrites, editing, etc. Though fun, it can be a challenge but a passion.

Can we take it that the relative inactivity of this thread is due to everyone writing furiously?

If so, that is good.

I'm trying to write a proposal for this:

http://www.grayhavencomics.com/submit/

It is extremely frightening to me because I have never tried to get anything published before. It is extremely anxiety producing, especially since I am afraid what I want to write is cliche.

Being a writer is like having the Green Lantern's ring. If you don't have the willpower to make things happen it is useless.
    -The Congressman

"Okay Maynard, Joke's over. Where's the new Tool Album?"