BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 382 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 282332372378379380381382383384385386392432482882 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,820 of 10008

Thread: The Official Wrestling Thread is Trending Worldwide

Quote Originally Posted by kodave
    Guys often choose to work injured because of the pay. You don't make big money sitting at home recovering. Plus, WWE has to move on without you, so even with no malice by Vince or Creative, you might get left behind if you take time off.

Raven and some other just attempted a lawsuit challenging WWE's independent contractor status for the rasslers. It didn't go anywhere. There's no way a class action like you describe goes anywhere if they're not employees.
    Ummm, that is horseshit. Being classified an independent contractor makes little difference (being under contract sort of negates that) and the small group a few years ago needed more workers and better lawyers.

Re: The Official Wrestling Thread is Trending Worldwide

Quote Originally Posted by Greenville 90210 View Post
    He'd be a good mouthpiece that occasionally has to get in the ring as a weak tag partner of the bigger wrestler he manages or whatever.

There's already people on the roster they could do that with but still.
    Yeah. A tag team is a good venue for that. A managerial role is also a good idea.

I don't understand this idea that they think everyone should talk. Especially people who are green. They always shove a mike in the hand of someone who is green and just go "Do something." I don't understand that idea of just shoving dudes in the deep end and let them struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Benel Germosen

Yeah. A tag team is a good venue for that. A managerial role is also a good idea.

I don't understand this idea that they think everyone should talk. Especially people who are green. They always shove a mike in the hand of someone who is green and just go "Do something." I don't understand that idea of just shoving dudes in the deep end and let them struggle.
    Look at Titus O'Neil- that dude SUCKED as a solo guy on NXT. Now he doesn't haven't to carry a segment by himself, barking like a dog- Darren Young can be the lead talker and Titus can chime in with a line or well-placed animal noise.

Give them a gimmick/name and both guys can get over.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenville 90210 View Post
    Look at Titus O'Neil- that dude SUCKED as a solo guy on NXT. Now he doesn't haven't to carry a segment by himself, barking like a dog- Darren Young can be the lead talker and Titus can chime in with a line or well-placed animal noise.

Give them a gimmick/name and both guys can get over.
    Yeah. Tag Teams are great. I don't understand why Vince and management is so against the idea of Tag Teams.

Quote Originally Posted by usagi20

If they had a union, they could just file a grievance. Vince would cave or he'd take the case to court and the judge would find in favor of the union and that would be the end of it. But no, the guys in the back had to side with Hogan all those years ago and cave in, instead of forming a union and threatening to sit out Wrestlemania, like Jesse Ventura advocated.
    Exactly

Yes, unionizing wouldn't hurt them, but does WWE still classify their wrestlers that way? I'm pretty sure they stopped that practice even before they went public given the wrestlers have exclusive contracts, benefits, stock options, a cut of merchandise sales, health insurance, etc. My understanding is that in the days before big exclusive deals when wrestlers (like strippers) were free to work all over this was common, but I haven't heard anything about WWE workers being listed as independent contractors in many many years.

re: smackdown tag teams

titus and darren young as obnoxious bullies who bite chris tucker is entertaining. i just don't think 'ZEKE should be jobbed like this! also, racist segments are p unchill, guise.

i wish they'd push the usos (super talented, good face spots and strong workers who have charisma) and epico/primo (let rosa be a strong mouthpiece and sick them against those she despises. if you ever wish to turn them face, simply have them rebel against her control and awaken to how manipulative and domineering she is).

considering their need for midcard faces, kofi probably shouldn't be tethered to a partner right now, and evan really was an ideal companion. however, they should scoop up any midcarder who they even remotely have faith in and pair them with one another to preserve them from jobville. hell, they've clearly lost faith in miz for the time being. miz as the nauseating, annoying mouth piece paired with any big enforcer is the perfect dynamic. you want to see the repugnant asshole get beat up, but his buddy gets tagged in and saves him.

damien sandow is a dork. "didactic, faux-intellectual elitist preaches to everyone and tells them he'll save them from their stupidity" is boring. he talks well in those vignettes and he has good facials, tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by masculine todd
    yeah but shut up everyone they got bin laden
    Visit my website: http://chicksontheright.com/

just whitepeople with problems. just watchin baby boy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sasha View Post
    Todd. You're our T.S. Eliot.

when i saw that darren young/percy watson bit, i was thinking "is this racist..?"

Titus' forearms are scary long. One of those is going to snap one day. They could be a good team though. I'm really liking Smackdown with all the new stuff going on and My Boi Dee Bry at the top. I almost marked out when I thought they were gonna let CLaudio do the cradle piledriver. But he's still rad.