BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 2 of 1001 FirstFirst 1234561252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Wrestling Thread is Trending Worldwide

Re: The Official Wrestling Thread is Trending Worldwide

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian B AWESOME View Post
    2004!
    Is there a reason this dude is using it now?

<---Couldn't be further out of the loop.

Apparently it's fun!

The song I like. If they just played the song for 10 minutes and left fatty in the back I'd enjoy the segments.

The OTHER Summers Brother Adrian B AWESOME's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cactusakic View Post
    Is there a reason this dude is using it now?

<---Couldn't be further out of the loop.
    Quick, completely unbiased history:

Brodus Clay played enforcer/security to Alberto Del Rio, a heel Mexican aristocrat. Eventually, he was removed from the spot, started doing some more training and went to become a singles star. He was then hyped for a new debut as a complete monster. This was delayed for months and then he finally re-dubted. And instead of the monster heel that had been promised, Clay came out as what you see: a face that was a new version of Flash Funk (2 Cold Scorpio) with Ernest "The Cat" Miller's theme song. It's such a bizarre gimmick that I'd never thought I'd see in the 'E in 2012, which is a big part of why I love it. That, and the fact that Clay sells it so well, regardless of what anyone says.

In short: he's the Funkasaurus. It's self-explanatory.
    Quote Originally Posted by joepineapples View Post
    Why include a review from Wired? That rag has turned into a government, military-industrial propaganda machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Briomega View Post
    Apparently it's fun!

The song I like. If they just played the song for 10 minutes and left fatty in the back I'd enjoy the segments.
    I'd agree with you if he was half-assing it and just being stupid with the gimmick, but he's selling it a ridiculous amount and clearly having fun, regardless of how stupid it is.
    Why include a review from Wired? That rag has turned into a government, military-industrial propaganda machine.

So, what you're telling me, essentially, is that the 'E's in-house composer had better things to do that day and decided to just re-use and old theme and hope nobody had the attention span to notice?

I'd agree with you if he was half-assing it and just being stupid with the gimmick, but he's selling it a ridiculous amount and clearly having fun, regardless of how stupid it is.
    That about sums it up. At first I thought it was dumb and too silly, but the fact that he's selling the gimmick so hard and so well, and the fact that a big goofy comedy character who's still pretty badass, has really made me like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactusakic View Post
    So, what you're telling me, essentially, is that the 'E's in-house composer had better things to do that day and decided to just re-use and old theme and hope nobody had the attention span to notice?
    The theme is FANTASTIC and, to be fair, The Cat was on ONE PPV for the 'E.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian B AWESOME

An like I've said before if he had in ring skills to match I'd enjoy it. But he hasn't shown any so all it is is dancing. Just not for me.

Quick, completely unbiased history:

Brodus Clay played enforcer/security to Alberto Del Rio, a heel Mexican aristocrat. Eventually, he was removed from the spot, started doing some more training and went to become a singles star. He was then hyped for a new debut as a complete monster. This was delayed for months and then he finally re-dubted. And instead of the monster heel that had been promised, Clay came out as what you see: a face that was a new version of Flash Funk (2 Cold Scorpio) with Ernest "The Cat" Miller's theme song. It's such a bizarre gimmick that I'd never thought I'd see in the 'E in 2012, which is a big part of why I love it. That, and the fact that Clay sells it so well, regardless of what anyone says.

In short: he's the Funkasaurus. It's self-explanatory.
    I'm with you. It's a fun gimmick, and it stands out.
    PatLoika.com/Loikamania: The Podcast!/Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by warrenellis View Post
    For you are Pat Loika, and your hand must be shaken.

The theme is great, that's why I remember it.
    I distincly recall having it trapped in my head and singing it out loud more often than I'd care to admit, back when I was a regular viewer.

I knew The Cat didn't stick around too long, but I didn't realize it was that short a tenure.
    The Pounce used to make me and my friends lose our collective shit every damn time.