Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 38 of 590 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138538 ... LastLast

Thread: The All New Brand New Chat Thread Deluxe

Re: The All New Brand New Chat Thread Deluxe

wow. . .tonight's Walking Dead. .

just . . .

wow
    "do what bert says" - Flamestar (c/o Ouzo Man)

A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post
    wow. . .tonight's Walking Dead. .

just . . .

wow
    Scarier than Desperate Housewives?

I keep hearing great things about Walking Dead, but I've yet to actually catch it on. . . will have to Hulu-catch up on it, I guess.
    "Able to leap powerful bullets with a speeding bound!"

"Able to do powerful speed while on a single locomotive?"

"Just so you know...
    Y'all are weird."-Larry Dixon

yeah. . . .tho not scary. . rather, I'd say, absolutely shocking.

(they are VERY clearly distinguishing this universe from the Comic Universe).

but that's all I'll say. . no spoilers from me!

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post
    yeah. . . .tho not scary. . rather, I'd say, absolutely shocking.

(they are VERY clearly distinguishing this universe from the Comic Universe).

but that's all I'll say. . no spoilers from me!
    But is the show actually good, or is it just so bad you can't not watch it?
    I'd watch either way, but like to have an idea going in.
    "Able to leap powerful bullets with a speeding bound!"

"Able to do powerful speed while on a single locomotive?"

"Just so you know...
    Y'all are weird."-Larry Dixon

1st season (6 episodes) was FANTASTIC

2nd season (13 episodes), starts off good. . is excruciatingly SLOOOOOOOOW for about 6 episodes (all taking place over a few days at Herchel's farm. . and man, do those episodes almost kill the series. . LOTS of standing around and talking), but it absolutely picked back up about 4 episodes ago, and looks like the season will end on a high note (2 episodes left).

Banned

*SIGH*

I want to cry. I really do.

A couple of years ago, my friend got me this Wonder Woman card for my b-day, knowing what a big fan I am. Inside he wrote this really cute, funny message as if Diana had written it. Since then, I've kept it on my desk next to my computer. I love that card.

So, tonight I get a cup of tea, and as I'm putting it down it ends up sitting only half-way on the coaster. I was sort of looking back at the TV at the time, and I felt it start to tip over. I look back quickly and reach, trying to keep it from falling, but I knock it over completely in the other direction. Tea shoots everywhere. It flies up on my Supergirl statue. It flows over the edge of the desk. There are now tea stains on my Steve Jobs biography. It was all over the place. And it took me forever to clean up.

But the worst part of it -- BY FAR -- was that it totally drenched that awesome card. There's no way to save it. None.

I mean, I'm glad my iPhone wasn't sitting on the desk. I'm glad that it didn't damage any my computer stuff. But Jesus, that's all "stuff." This was something personal I really cared about.

I know this all sounds silly. But I am SO mad at myself. If I had been paying attention for 1/2 a second, it never would have happened. And I was completely sober at the time. I can't even blame it on drinking. It was just a dumb, stupid accident.

UGH.

OK, rant over.

Banned

Oh, and I wanted to say, on a happier -- or at least a less sad note -- I saw two films for the first time last night. One is a disturbing, indie horror (kinda) flick, about which I'm still not sure how I feel. The other is a film that's humiliating to admit that I had never seen before.

Deadgirl is one MESSED UP flick. Basically, without getting too graphic, these two loser high school kids go to get wasted and smash things at an abandoned mental institution. They end up down in the basement, find this young woman wrapped in plastic on a bed, and tied down. They think she's dead, but realize she's not -- well, she is, but she's a zombie. One of them decides to hang out there and have sex with her. And things go downhill (really) from there.

This is an incredibly twisted and disturbing movie. It's basically using the situation at hand to represent high school angst, being the outsider, and all of that. But it does it in horrible way. It's a well-made film (considering that they probably made it on a budget less than I just spent on the Springsteen album from iTunes). And it's provocative, both positively and negatively.

I'm still not sure how I feel about it, to be honest.

And now, the film that I'm disgusted to admit I had never seen ...

Chasing Amy was a different film than I thought it was going to be, frankly. I expected it to be ridiculously funny from beginning to end, with all sorts of typical Kevin Smith humor. And there was certainly a lot of that, and the funny parts were legitimately funny. I laughed out loud more than once, especially near the beginning of the film. But it became something completely else as it progressed, and I wasn't expecting the emotional factor to be as strong as it was.

The performances, from Affleck, to Lee, to Adams were just great. Of course, I'm a big fan of all three of them, so it wasn't a tough sell I suppose. And I really loved that Affleck's character wasn't presented as either a complete jerk or a complete saint. He's a real guy who does really stupid things and hates himself for them afterwards. Joey Lauren Adams was fantastic, and her character was also three-dimensional. And there was a definite sense of time and place with so much going on, from music, to references, to everything.

I loved it.

Ah the wonders of a new pc. Job hunting, social networking, book writing, "news" if you consider comic/game items news, nude retextures of Fallout 3 which I can't get to work oh yes an investment well made.
    Last edited by Lester C.; 03-06-2012 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester C. View Post
    Ah the wonders of a new pc. Job hunting, social networking, book writing, "news" if you consider comic/game items news, nude retextures of Fallout 3 which I can't get to work oh yes an investment well made.
    Cool! Gimmi!
    http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2010-05-26/1274898144846.jpg

Friendship is being there when someone's feeling low and not being afraid to kick them.

Lester just told me that he texts Hybrid whenever he takes a dump!