BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 876 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 376776826866872873874875876877878879880886926976 ... LastLast
Results 8,751 to 8,760 of 10008

Thread: The Official Bendis Board 2012 Presidential Campaign Thread

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Foolish Mortal's Avatar

Re: The Official Bendis Board 2012 Presidential Campaign Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ray G. View Post
    More and more, groups like the AFA and One Million Moms seem to be admitting that their real problem is with gay people existing in public than anything else.
    They don't appear to want gay people to exist in private either.
    Sites that may or may not interest you..

More and more, groups like the AFA and One Million Moms seem to be admitting that their real problem is with gay people existing in public than anything else.
    Yup. They miss the "good ole days" of gays staying in the closet and not coming out. It has nothing to do with tax breaks for married couples.
    Follow me @Marcdachamp on Twitter

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

The Affordable Care Act: Arglebargle or Fooforah?

House proposal would bar enactment of the Affordable Care Act
    The House has given first round approval to a proposal that would bar enforcement of the federal Affordable Care Act, and makes it a crime to try to enact any portion of it in Missouri. House Democrats found a number of reasons to oppose the bill.

Its sponsor, Representative Kurt Bahr (R-St. Charles) said while introducing the legislation that the federal healthcare law is unconstutitional. “It is our duty as state legislators, as the sovereign State of Missouri to uphold our end of the Constitution … of this interstate compact of the Constitution, and when the federal government oversteps its bounds it’s our duty, our obligation, to stand up and say, ‘That is not what the Constitution allows the federal government to do. We will not allow you to implement that piece of legislation on our citizens.’”

Representative Genise Montecillo (D-St. Louis) asks Bahr if the U.S. Supreme Court issued a ruling on the constitutionality of the Act, and she somehow missed it. “My understanding is that is still open to interpretation. We probably disagree on the constitutionality of that but you kind of assert that with some authority.

Bahr concedes, “We are still waiting on the Supreme Court to make their final decision on the constitutionality of the Accordable Care Act.”

Representative Margo McNeil (D-Florissant) says the state should allow the ACA to stand, for all the ways it will benefit Missourians. When Bahr restates his assessment that the Act is unconstitutional, she questions how he comes to that conclusion. “According to the representative from the 19th District (Bahr)?”

Bahr answers succinctly, “Yes.”

House Democrats also say Missouri has no power to resist the Act if it becomes law. Representative Chris Kelly (D-Columbia) says the bill oversteps the legislature’s authority. “Just because you don’t like the federal law, and it’s somebody else’s job to find whether it’s constitutional or not, does not give us the power to leap way, way out of our obligations. This is the antithesis of limited government.”

Kelly summed up his feelings about Bahr’s proposal, “This is breathtaking in its contempt for the Constitution of the United States.”

The bill was perfected 109-41 on a roll call vote. Another positive vote would send it to the Senate
    Good news though, it's only a misdemeanor.
    People think I have got the power cause I've got the monkeys. Nope. I've got the power because I'll let the monkeys loose...

GIFSoup

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Nothing like mendacious bullshit presented as candor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason California View Post
    Gong is all right.

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Foolish Mortal's Avatar

Sites that may or may not interest you..

Quote Originally Posted by BriRedfern View Post
    Good point Michael.
    Why thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Mortal View Post
    I didn't agree with Huntsman on several things, but at least I could take him seriously as a candidate unlike all of the other clowns this year.
    Yup, exactly how I felt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan F View Post
    We can call Arpaio a fascist without Godwinning or anything, right? He's one of a very few American political figures who really seems to fit the term without exaggeration.
    I wouldn't quite go that far. He does have a racist streak (though that's optional) and believes government can control the people (not the people can control the government). What's his foreign policy stance though (does he believe in America leaving other people alone unless they ask for our aid, or does he have a "Fuck the speak softly, just carry a big fucking stick" policy?), and is he in favor of corporatism? If you have 3 out of those 4 going for you, then I consider you a facist.

Wait, I think I just described most of the modern GOP...

More and more, groups like the AFA and One Million Moms seem to be admitting that their real problem is with gay people existing...
    Fixed that for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Shel Silverstein
    Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    My Mind's Eye

Large Hadron Collider Dreaded Anomaly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I've Got the Monkeys View Post
    This is why anti-vax and alternative medicine movements are not just bullshit, but actively harmful.

I think there's a big difference between anti-vax loons and people that think a foot rub will relax the tension in their shoulders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shel Silverstein
    Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    My Mind's Eye

Quote Originally Posted by michealdark View Post
    I think there's a big difference between anti-vax loons and people that think a foot rub will relax the tension in their shoulders.
    Both are harmful. They don't have to be equally harmful. And your foot rub example is not representative of the alternative medicine movement.