BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 409 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 309359399405406407408409410411412413419459509909 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,090 of 10008

Thread: The Official Bendis Board 2012 Presidential Campaign Thread

Large Hadron Collider Dreaded Anomaly's Avatar

Re: The Official Bendis Board 2012 Presidential Campaign Thread

Quote Originally Posted by El Gong of Zur-En-Arrh View Post
    You'd figure being a Republican, Ray would know from radical extremists. Not really the case.
    It's really hard to take it seriously when a guy whose party currently has Rick Santorum as their frontrunner candidate calls someone else an extremist.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Anomaly View Post
    It's really hard to take it seriously when a guy whose party currently has Rick Santorum as their frontrunner candidate calls someone else an extremist.
    It's some pretty big bullshit to try to hold me accountable for Santorum in any way when I've made clear I'm voting for Obama if he's the nominee.

Also, he's not really the frontrunner. He's closing in fast on Romney, but that might all end on Tuesday.
    Join the Prime-Punch revolution!
    http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...ead.php?210786

Spoiler:

Buy The Gathering!

www.grayhavencomics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ray G. View Post
    It's some pretty big bullshit to try to hold me accountable for Santorum in any way when I've made clear I'm voting for Obama if he's the nominee.

Also, he's not really the frontrunner. He's closing in fast on Romney, but that might all end on Tuesday.
    At the end of the day, you still choose to be a member of the party. I know you always say you want to change it from the inside, but it doesn't seem like that's working out too well.

I'm not a fan of Maher's anti-vaccine statements, but there is an entire level of difference between being outspoken about one's views vs. trying to enforce one's views on the populace via government.

At the end of the day, you still choose to be a member of the party. I know you always say you want to change it from the inside, but it doesn't seem like that's working out too well.

I'm not a fan of Maher's anti-vaccine statements, but there is an entire level of difference between being outspoken about one's views vs. trying to enforce one's views on the populace via government.
    By your standard, everyone who belongs to a party is responsible for the actions of every single prominent person in that party, even if they actively oppose them. That's Fake-Pat-level logic.

Regardless, if Santorum won the nomination, I doubt I could call myself a Republican any more.

Spoiler:

Buy The Gathering!

www.grayhavencomics.com

Intrade (which can function as a barometer of conventional wisdom) gives Rick Santorum a 7.6% chance of winning the nomination.
    Romney is given a 79.9% chance.

If you think Santorum is the frontrunner, the guy with the best chance of winning the nomination, you can probably make some money on that.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

By your standard, everyone who belongs to a party is responsible for the actions of every single prominent person in that party, even if they actively oppose them. That's Fake-Pat-level logic.
    I don't belong to a political party, so that doesn't really bother me.

Regardless, if Santorum won the nomination, I doubt I could call myself a Republican any more.
    We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Intrade (which can function as a barometer of conventional wisdom) gives Rick Santorum a 7.6% chance of winning the nomination.

If you think Santorum is the frontrunner, the guy with the best chance of winning the nomination, you can probably make some money on that.
    Okay, that's a fair point.

I think the point is that thinking Maher's extremism is going to hurt Obama from a Super-PAC donation is sort of silly considering a lot of what has been flying around the Republican debates from mainstream candidates.

The whole discussion is kind of silly though - On the one hand, Maher does say lots of batshit stuff, usually in an intentionally rude way. On the other hand, he is a comedian with no real affiliation with Obama. No one's going to remember this tomorrow, let alone in November, unless the PAC makes an offensive ad.

Still, it's a more pertinent and interesting discussion than the gold standard, so it's got that going for it in this thread today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan F View Post
    I think the point is that thinking Maher's extremism is going to hurt Obama from a Super-PAC donation is sort of silly considering a lot of what has been flying around the Republican debates from mainstream candidates.

The whole discussion is kind of silly though - On the one hand, Maher does say lots of batshit stuff, usually in an intentionally rude way. On the other hand, he is a comedian with no real affiliation with Obama. No one's going to remember this tomorrow, let alone in November, unless the PAC makes an offensive ad.

Still, it's a more pertinent and interesting discussion than the gold standard, so it's got that going for it in this thread today.
    I didn't really say it would hurt him, just that it might be a mild nuisance.

Maher's religion comments are probably going to be the biggest liability for anyone linked to him. But it's only likely to come up if the candidate is losing badly and gets desperate (or is Rick Santorum), so it's not likely to be a factor.

Spoiler:

Buy The Gathering!

www.grayhavencomics.com

That seems a bit long for Santorum, honestly. I agree that Romney's the favorite (money, big states coming up, good debate performance), but I'd think Santorum has about a 25% chance.

I guess the remaining 12% percent or so remaining is mostly for none of the above? Can't imagine them giving Gingrich or Paul much of anything.

Spoiler:

Buy The Gathering!

www.grayhavencomics.com

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Foolish Mortal's Avatar

That seems a bit long for Santorum, honestly. I agree that Romney's the favorite (money, big states coming up, good debate performance), but I'd think Santorum has about a 25% chance.

I guess the remaining 12% percent or so remaining is mostly for none of the above? Can't imagine them giving Gingrich or Paul much of anything.
    I said before the money-factor will propel Romney over the hump, the problem is most poll projections don't seem to show that the money-factor is having an appreciable effect yet. If I were Romney, I'd be worried about that.
    Sites that may or may not interest you..